Thursday, January 31, 2008

Since I am confessing....

I'll add a few more to the list from yesterday's weighty confession.
First, I ate an entire pack of Orbit cinnamon gum in 6 hours (That is 2.33 pieces of gum/hour). The funny thing is the cinnmon flavor really hurts my stomach for some reason but I still continue. Really.... this is sickening. I boght the overpriced pack of gum at the overpriced gas station nearest our comfy abode. The pack was purchased at 8:28am (yes, slightly late for work due to the fact that I had been on empty for the last two days and finally caved) and now it is 1:55pm and I am devouring the last piece. It's not even that it is the most tasty thing in the world or that I have stink breath - but I have self diagnosed myself with the 'itis' titled oral-fixationitis. I like to always have something to chew on, suck on (butterscotch being my favorite), lick (even envelopes count) or sip on. Always.
Or maybe it's just when I am bored....??? Either way, it has become quite humorous. The other day my mama told B-rad that growing up I always pulled a cookie or cracker out of somewhere and as she was saying this - sure enough a little animal cracker jumped out of my purse right into my mouth. Talent - I tell you.

Secondly.....I forgot the second confession. Oh yeah (no wonder),Confession numero dos - forgetting that there are dishes to be done and clothes to be cleaned as a wife. Don't worry mama-Cindy, I feed Brad well but I am defintely failing on the wifely-duties around the house. Brad is great at making the bed and putting away clothes. Me, on the other hand - I would rather let it all sit and then have a power-clean over a few hour period with music blaring in the background and the windows open. Everything has to be an event for me. Did you know that, Brad? Haha.
Luckily, Brad doesnt seem to mind my forgetfulness (or selective memory if I am honest) and continues to praise me on the things that I have mastered (reference previous blog....cooking!)And, I am highly entertaining in the evenings when I am uber-tired. My legs twitch and I mix up the consonants in phrases and this always gets a laugh. "B-rad, will you pour me a wass of glawter before bed?

And, coming in last place for my daily confesions is my recent and growing addiction to the news. I can't really get started on this because I would scare you but I have become a walking AP wire. I am addicted to the heated political news, what Mr. Bush is doing to try to give me money to buy things I dont need, what is actually happening to the economy, the brutatlity in Kenya since the elections, who is evading water restrictions in Cobb County....you name it. It started with the case of Meredith Emerson a few weeks ago. I didnt sleep at night because I didnt want to miss any breaking news. Secretly, I wanted to solve the puzzle. Is this another "itis?" The irony in this dangerous confession is that I am always telling folks that ask that I "just want to get away fomr everything." I want to be away from instant email on my blackberry and away from the Today show and away from the hustle and bustle of a fast city. But as soon as I say that I have to check WSJ to see what typical-Hillary thing Hillary has done lately and how far the stock market has plumented in the last hour. Maybe this recent obsession (though, obsession doesnt quite capture it...fixation..fetish???) is due to my current job of 3 months. I am constantly needing to know who is who and what they are up to in Atlanta so I end up reading all of the papers and online updates... just in case.

Speaking of....my last piece of Orbit cinnamon is failing me and I am sure someone else has endorsed Mr. McCain (I am certainly not endorsing him by saying his name - just an example) in the last hour. Gotta run.....

2 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    I have missed your writing so much! It's good to have you back. I can literally hear you talking when I read. I love it! The name of the blog is my favorite. :) Miss you!!!

    Love,
    Ashley A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, eating a whole pack of sugarless gum in a day makes you sick because the sweetner they use instead of sugar is very difficult to digest so it destroys your stomach.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321992,00.html

    don't do it, it is bad for you. Ask Dr. Abide.

    I think I have the flu.

    ReplyDelete