Friday, September 12, 2008

T R O U B L E



I wish I could replay to you the message that I left on Brad's voicemail on accident on Wednesday. That's all you would need to hear to understand the trouble that mischievous Amos caused. Originally, this post was going to show you Amos pre-$70 at the Groomers and post-$70 at the groomers. Unfortunately, due to the inquisitive nature of my 30 pound friend, his post-picture was a disaster.

Much to Brad not wanting to admit it, Amos is a HIGH MAINTENANCE dog! His ears need cleaned 2 or 3 times a day after they get wet, he only has a liking for organic food full of avocado juice in order to make his coat shiny, his hair cuts cost more than ours combined and he only likes to sleep now atop our too expensive bed comforter. I never saw this happening. On one of our first dates Brad asked me if I would ever dress my dog in clothes. NEVER I replied....eww, gross, never. He said, good, and that that would have been the deal breaker. Ouch. Well, now I wish clothes were all our little ball of fluff required because his pampering is worse. Nonetheless, he is my favorite thing in the world, really. He licks me when I am sweaty (Brad would never do that) and he mopes when I feel like being sad but of course he is so easily pleased and excited. Hence - the mess at the dog park Wednesday. Amos was just jubilant to get out of the house that day and all his fave friends were at the dog park. Roman the white German Shepard, Ellie the new Welsh terrier and rambo the black labradoodle. They were all being kids.....chasing, licking, jumping, running circles....until Dr. Amos decided to lead Niche and Che, two German Shepard's, into the woods for an adventure. I call. Normally he comes. I call. He always comes on second call. He is nowhere. As I walk back to the woods I hear an animal...maybe a dog....splashing in the mud. Literally. Hands flailing, legs flapping....having a big ole party in the mud. He came out with a big black grin and began running like a crazy man in circles. And here is what we got.........(I don't think the pictures even do it half it's justice. Just trust me. Amos was in T R O U B L E. )

No comments:

Post a Comment