Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What we are up to these days....

A sweet mama friend directed me to a cool site that speaks specifically about a babys development each month. I love looking at each of the bullets below and bringing a picture to mind of the little spud (as my dad calls him) doing that very thing. I am laughing in bed as I write and think about him. Oh, I miss him and he is only 30 feet away! Here is what we have been up to....


How I Grow

I still wobble my head a little when I'm propped up.
I hold my head up for a few minutes when I'm on my stomach.
I move my arms and legs and "bicycle" with my feet when I get excited.
I hold onto things for a little while.
I cry with real tears now.
How I Talk

I gurgle, laugh, and smile when I'm happy.
I like to try out cooing sounds.
I cry to let you know when I want something, or when I am hungry, wet, or tired.
How I Respond

I am fascinated by my own hands.
I blink at shadows made by my own hands.
I follow you with my eyes when you move.
I can follow objects with my eyes.
I smile at others besides my mother.
I quiet down when I suck my fingers, a bottle, or a pacifier.
I perform just to get your attention.
I don't like some noises, like loud radios. I will tell you this by fussing.
How I Understand

I recognize some people by their voices.
I recognize a few objects, such as my bottle or a favorite rattle.
I like to stare at people and things.
How I Feel

I feel happy, scared or uncomfortable at times.
I feel happy when I hear you tell me that I am beautiful and you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment