Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Can man live on caramel alone?

The answer I would presume would be yes. Plenty of calories for energy to get you through any strenuous day. I think there is a negligible amount of milk in caramel...good for the bones. Need I say more?
In case you aren't convinced I am personally taking on this question as a personal experiment. I know, I am always taking one for the team!
We had a "Braduation" party for Mr. Brad this weekend to celebrate his official graduation from the Coles school of Business. Miss Cindy brought two of her world famous cakes, a little chocolate layer cake and a caramel cake. They were the rave of the party I am sure. Fortunately but unfortunately the leftovers ended up at my house. At first I stored them in the pantry because they were less likely to be nibbled on by myself and my associate, Amos. Out of sight out of mind right? Well then I convince myself that I have the will power of a horse or body builder or something that comes to mind with super will power, so I place the covered and sealed cake container right out in the open. And the destruction begins. One bite hear, a little piece of caramelicing there, 3 bites here because hey, I didn't eat enough lunch. Soon enough my fingernails are turning into caramel little ovals and I am bouncing off the walls like Amos does at night from the consistent flow of sugar to my body. And since caramel cake, especially with 23 seconds in the microwave, is the best breakfast a growing girl can get...I was in luck this morning!
I am tempted to just thrown the remainder away to keep me from ballooning before Memorial day but I am scared of myself. This could be one of those George moments on Seinfeld where he enters back into the trashcan to eat a pastry someone had thrown away. And that would be the final straw.

Please come visit us and eat a piece of warm caramel or chocolate layer cake. I have milk to go around and Amos will give you kisses. For my health and longevity - come see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment