Thursday, December 16, 2010

4 months old and "Shanty"

We just got home from an exhausting exciting morning at Phipps to see the real "Shanty." Surprisingly, I don't have any tremendous stories about how horrific Brooks was to the bearded man. We have talked up Santa alot this month so I don't know if that is what caused the tornado-of-a-child to actually sit still or if it was Santa's cozy lap. Brooks loves to clim up in anyone's lap who will let him so I think he was quite content having the undivided attention of Santa. Trust me - I am shocked....as 3 minutes prior he was running circles around the Jaguar on display. You see, every step he takes in his saddle oxfords is just a little more fuel for the fire - he loves the sound his "big boy" shoes make on the tile floors at the mall. After running circles around the Santa display while we were waiting on Nene to arrive he decided to hang - literally - from the ropes surrounding Santa's chair. Then after than he decided he wanted to be upside down and no way but upside down would do. Needless to say, I am glad he wore out all his little energy right before his turn to meet Santa. He did stroke his beard once and I think he thought Santa was going to read him a book when he started to go over his Christmas list. All in all, our first trip to meet Shanty was a flying success but only because I had 3 other helpers to make the whole event happen. And just in case Santa lost his list - here it goes. Classic.
1)Train
2)Book
3)Ball
4)Waffle
Causing a fuss waiting in line for Santa.



As if a rainy, cold day at the mall with candy canes and crazy boys wasn't enough - today is also a big day because it is Willy-B's 4 month birthday! I seriously can not believe the little guy has 4 months under his belt. This last month has been fun with William as he has started to have a little voice - but only when he is just tired of his big brother getting all of the attention. More so, he has found his fist. No, not his thumb - the boy needs a fist! I have no clue what he weighs or what he wears because he lives in pj's and a bib - thanks to his endless spitting up and slobbering. Whatever the stats are I don't care - I love this little boy so very much. He is easy, agreeable, adaptable, tough as he can be because he has to be, goofy and just a perfect addition to our family. He is mesmorized by his brother and visa versa - thank goodness, as it gives me a 10 minute break each day when they have a little "play" time. Happy 4 months, little chunker! We are so grateful you are in our family!




ANd just in case there is any debate that the two goobers look alike - here is Brooks at 4 months. Yes, they came from the same genepool. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...they look so much alike!!! Brooks LOVES Santa;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I love the Santa pic! SO SO SO SO cute. And Brad's still rockin' the beard! Has this been since the beach?!

    ReplyDelete