Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The little green elf

No, I haven't seen him....I need him immediatly! Last night I needed him to rub my shoulders as I sat on the sofa feeling the weight of the day. Today I need him to pick up the pine needles from our already dead Christmas tree and throw them away. Then I need him to wash the cabinets and walls in this house as they seem to have milk droplets from B's sippy cup all over them along with an occassional ketchup smear as that is the only way to get the same milk-spilling child to eat anything not starting in "wa" and ending in"ffle".

I know he has been in the house as I found the most amusing scene this morning. You see, Brad and I are crazy about Christmas around here. We love it all...the smells, the sounds, the tastes, and with little people around I can attest that it is all the more entertaining. Brooks doesn't look at the porch light without exclaiming "yiiites" as he is completely entranced by the Christmas lights on the tree and the ones adorning our neighbors house. More so, he seems to have a little man crush on the big guy with the white beard. We'll see what he really thinks tomorrow when he meets the real Santa but from afar - this guy is smitten with "Shanta." Needless to say, I love pulling out our few decorations that we have collected over the last few years of marriage. One of my favorite things is the advent tree - compliments of Starbucks our first Christmas.Each box was filled with a delectable chocolate at the time and it was a race to see who got to turn the box around each given day during our first few years of marriage. This year the boxes are filled with the creamiest peppermint patties I've ever witnessed (and I know a good peppermint patty). So, this morning I go to turn the 14'th box around for the 14th day of December and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a note - and no candy to bring me some cheer
I know my husband would never have done this...stolen the piece of candy before the actual day! But more so, it's not like him to leave a note admitting his wrong doing. No, he is much to sly for that. So, I have concluded that it was the little green elf. It must have been! Brooks can't reach the counters yet - and luckily because then I'll have another hand to contend with in order to enjoy my peppermint patty everyday. And, William, while he looks like he eats chocolate in a bottle everyday I know he had nothing to do with this little "candy gone missing." When I find that little green elf I am going to have my way with him! He has been stirring up things around our house ever since the calendar proclaimed "December" and I am to tired to clean up anyone else's messes or to take care of anything else.

Enough about the little elf. Let's all ooh and ahh over the toddler now. Seriously, I think children this age are equal parts adorable and horrific. Listening to the toddler try to talk goes in the absolutely adorable category and because he is sleeping as I type - we won't touch on the horrific category. Enjoy some adorable this Christmas season....

{Pardon the technical difficulties. For some reason the little green elf has my video turned sideways!}

No comments:

Post a Comment