Monday, July 25, 2011

A few firsts from the weekend

We are coming off of one of my favorite weekends to date - the wedding weekend of my little brother. I learned that if I want to learn how to go back to sleep I just need to stay out like I'm 22 two nights in a row and maybe dance like the world is ending for the majority of those hours awake. Y'all, I can happily say for the first time in months I was tired yesterday....like sleepy tired - not just wired and exhausted like usual. If I could act like I just graduated college at night and then get my mommy face on during the days I think I could beat this thing! This was one of the FIRST times in two plus years that I really enjoyed myself. I didn't call home to check on the boys who were in the best hands with their South Georgia grandparents. And I actually didn't really think about them and I am okay with that. I don't think they thought much of me either for the 48 hours we were gone so I just let go and enjoyed being with my whole entire family in our favorite college town....Athens! Brad and I drove home in silence and not because of any silly tiff but because we both just wanted to take in every last minute of quiet. We decided we need an overnight break about every 6 weeks without the little people in order to really rejuvenate. Hold us to it!

But as much as the weekend away was so much fun - it was a treat to come home to two excited little boys. They were both in their chairs when we walked in eating one of about 5 dozen peaches my in-laws brought straight from Peach county, Ga! With full mouths and sticky hands they both squealed when we walked in the door. I will have to say that that was such a joy for me. I may not have missed them but that moment certainly reminded me of the fun that I do miss out on while I am away.

This morning I noticed William's FIRST tooth. Yes, he is 3 weeks shy of being one and he just cut his first tooth. I secretly think his timing is perfect as someone has been protecting me from the little sleep I do get by not allowing a baby's teething habits to interfere with my few hours. You can barely see the little thing but if you get anywhere near his mouth he will remind you that it is there. He has a bite for a little guy!
And then yesterday I caught Brooks' FIRST business conversation on the phone. This was completely unscripted or rehearsed and maybe the best laugh we've had in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. aaaggghhh! that is the cutest video! he is so sweet and jolly : )

    ReplyDelete