Monday, July 11, 2011

I surely thought

People died after this little sleep.
But I guess they don't. So, here we are. We made a trip to the library today. If I thought insomnia was scary - talk about a real live library! Thanks to amazon.com and Barnes and Noble I hadn't stepped into one of these since high school. Dewey decimal system, anybody? Anybody? We also made a trip to Target and I even let Brooks navigate the aisles himself. There are many things that just don't matter when you're tired and "perfect behavior" isn't one of them.

I feel like we are just floating through this summer, making the most of the scorching hot days all the while waiting on a miracle or Jesus to come back. Seriously, those are about my only two options when it comes to getting back to sleep. I am having so much fun with the boys as we explore every free and kid friendly activity in the city. And I really do believe that one day I'll be enjoying the lazy days of summer with a little more rest under my belt. Oh, I just can't wait for that day!

Throughout our fun little morning activities I have to repeat things in my head so my mind doesn't wonder to the dark side....sleep centers, psychophysiological insomnia, sleep spindles, and cognitive behavioral therapy...oh my! Instead, I have been thinking through this verse and really focusing on each word and what types of things that come to mind when I picture the word. I don't know what you may be going through right now but I can imagine so much of our stress these days is exacerbated by our ability to focus on the worst outcome. Try thinking through these words and as hokey as this sounds-imagine swallowing them. Did I lose you? Really, it helps really "take in" the sweeter things in life.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. What comes to mind for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment