Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things to look forward to

Monday I was home for the day and I wore jeans and a long sleeved red shirt and flip flops. It wasn't necessarily cool but it wasn't 96 degrees either and it was raining. I felt like feeling "fall-ish." Brad and I love to walk at night and recently the temperatures at night have remained pretty intense. I remember every season that we have known another saying " Gosh, does it ever get hot (or cold) in Atlanta?" When you are deep into a a season it seems like the most insane thing that the next month might bring about drastic differences in the climate. Anyway, I loved Monday. I loved hearing the rain all day long from sweet Fay. It is the kind of rains that never ever end and the intensity is constant the whole time. Amos doesn't like Fay one bit. He is going crazy inside. Anyway, wearing my jeans and long sleeves really started to get me excited for things to come......

I LOVE THE FALL. I think I write this every year so you should know this but I LOVE THE FALL. So does Brad. That is why I married him. I love the smells and the colors and the feelings and the memories and the nights and the mornings and the weekends in Athens and the doors open while I am cleaning and the foods....I love it all. And what a better treat that now and forever that Brad and I get to celebrate our anniversary during our favorite time of year. I'd like to say that it was purposeful and yes, partly, it was...we love the fall. But we also couldn't wait until winter or spring. We aren't too keen on delayed gratification as you can tell. So, yes, now every October we get to relive that sweet time last year. I honestly can't believe it has been a year. This is the next thing that has me all antsy these days...OUR ANNIVERSARY! Yes, I am excited to enjoy a year of marriage with B-rad. I am also soooooo excited that we are going to Seaside for the whole week to celebrate. Seaside for me is tranquil, quiet, two steps slower, yummy and rejuvenating. The first trip to Seaside was really the place where I knew there was something different about this Brad boy. We rode bikes, ran, sat, hiked, and ate some of my favorite food. I guess because we always seem to go in the off-season Seaside has come to be a "quiet"place for us and I think there is nothing more that Brad and I are wanting right now than some quiet from our own heads constantly spinning and striving and from the sounds of Peachtree road.

But before that we have UGA football in Athens and a trip to Lake Rabun with some friends. We love weekends away with friends. We love sharing meals to cook and playing games and having no time constraints. Amos gets to go to the lake too and play with his best friend, Taylor.

I am not really sure what we did this summer....it seemed to soar right past us but we are looking forward to slowing down this fall and smelling the smells and tasting the tastes and cheering on the Bulldawgs! I'm so anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment