Saturday, September 19, 2009

Joy in the little things

Brooks is learning to say his name, I am convinced. For several weeks he only knew the "ahhhhhhh" sound but today at grandma's house he started with the "bbbbbbbb" sound. Along with his new sound comes the drool.....the endless drool and baby bubbles. And this, my dear readers is about the cutest noise I've ever heard and the sweetest drool I've ever seen. How in the world can my heart grow any bigger to allow anymore love for this little babbling boy? He flirts with me and anyone who will listen to him all day long and I just eat his little cheeks off with kisses all the while. Oh, there is so much joy watching the little thing learn about the world around him. Yesterday he viewed the world from the heights of the jumperoo-thing. Thanks, sweet mama-to-be, Sherri, for this perfect gift.


And how much joy does this well up in your little heart? My little brother is getting married next month and today mama and my sister and I hosted a shower for his precious bride to be. It dawned on me just today that this means I will get another sister to play with on the holidays and in between! Here is the dessert we served at the shower. The taste was about a 6 but the presentation was definitely a 10. Joy joy joy joy joy.....

Lastly, red dresses and red toes. My sweet friend and I enjoyed the most wonderful pedicure last Monday that I have ever experienced. It was certainly the company that made the trip but Holly, my nail artist, and the extra long foot massage helped. Oh, and the red polish! I love red toes no matter how in or out of style they may be. Today to match my red toes I found a red dress in my closet. The dress gets a 10. The dress on me gets a 6 again but I just love red and it makes me feel sassy no matter if it's on my toes or my shoulders. It may have been raining all day but I was vibrant and red and felt like a million bucks! More joy.....
P.S. Isn't the baby's daddy handsome in red, too? GO DAWGS!

1 comment:

  1. Betsy, Betsy! I REALLY want to go to lunch before you leave. Can we go this week to Zoes!?!?! I'm going to miss you so much. love, em
    p.s. you're like an eighteen in your pretty dress : )

    ReplyDelete