Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reporting from Marietta

Yesterday at 11am 84% of our belongings were on I-16 headed towards the coast. This is the road that I will live on once I actually make this move (and please remind me then that this road is a BORE without a restroom or gas station for miles on end.) 11% of our things along with my dog and my husband were in Brad's truck on I-75 racing to meet the truck at our new address. And the remaining leftover -5% was in my car cramping Brooks as we traveled around the Perimeter on 285. Talk about having moving parts all over the place! Luckily today the moving truck has come and gone and half of the family has moved to Savannah. You would think Brooks and I are just pretending that this whole shindig isn't really happening because we are still here in the metro-area, eating at our favorite eateries (for the real last time) and doing our favorite things. Actually, we stayed in town for some doctors appointments and my 10 year reunion this weekend where Brad will join us again. Oh, to be a real family again with a normal gas budget as opposed to a tremendous commuting 2nd mortgage type expense on gas. Oh to be a real family again and actually share toothpaste and deodorant (yes, we share deodorant. Cute isn't it? (or gross?)) Oh to be a real live happy family again all together in one happy home! This Sunday we will finally make that reality but until then I am running at the mountain, eating cookies at Alons, stuffing my face with salsa and guacamole at Taqueria Del Sol and enjoying every ounce of living at home again. I love mornings at my parents house. The sun comes over the mountain and I am able to sit still just a little bit. Whether that is because I don't have my things to clean or organize and most of my people are inside the perimeter - I don't care, I just like it out here and it certainly gets me excited to live in a house without an elevator and a parking garage and with a view of the sun in the mornings!

Unfortunately, Brad has the cord to plug up the camera so I can't show you the pictures of Brooks and I cleaning the condo yesterday. Unfortunately for Brooks his dad has all of his clothes sans a few cute outfits that I was so excited for him to wear this week but his mama forgot that the end of September means the slow start of fall and thus, cooler temperatures! This morning Nana-Nise (her name for now) had Brooks in her fuzzy socks up to his thighs to keep him warm. So today we are going to find some fall outfits for our sweet little guy. Oh, I hope it feels like fall in Savannah too! There is something about fall that gets my blood flowing and my emotions stirring!

Here is a picture that I may use to put Brad in time out when I see him. This morning I was sent a picture of my bed in my new house in my new town with my DOG ON MY WHITE BEDSPREAD! I don't have too many rules but this certainly breaks the one I have....and if I didn't miss these two so much I would be a little perturbed.

1 comment: