Sunday, September 20, 2009

What we do when it rains for 6 days

Newsflash: It's raining in Atlanta. It's actually raining over the entire lower right quadrant of the United States. The radar map is green and orange with no end in sight. Brooks isn't quite sure what to do with himself in all of this rain so I've tried to make it an educational week. Here are some thing we've done....
Oh, and before I entertain you with our activities of the week - do you think if I were to buy new rain boots that the rain would stop? Kinda like if you hide a spare key outside of your house after locking yourself out of the house multiple times then you'll never do it again??? Cause I really want some new rain boots. I found these below with WEDGES! I love wedges but unfortunately they won't ship out of the UK. Anyone going soon?

So, this week we have learned how to sit in the exersaucer. I am a little worried about the kids eye sight because he doesn't seem to notice the toys surrounding him yet. Rather, he follows me all around the condo. Pretty endearing huh?
And we have played in our jumperoo with the rain behind us. What other kid gets to play in his jumperoo overlooking Peachtree Street? He surely won't hear these cars in the new house in Savannah so I took the time to tell him about the cars and the rain and the people walking by. He just likes to listen to anyone talk about anything. Oh, and after too much talk he slapped me on the head and said leave me alone so I can nap and he did just that. Actually, I went away for a second and I came back to this.....

We also made bran muffins to send with Brad for breakfast this week. He won't eat them because he won't eat breakfast unless I literally watch him do it but I feel good about our attempt.

We packed away all of Brooks' newborn clothes. Tear tear. Seriously, how could he have ever been so wittle (yes, said with the "w" sound)? I remember looking at this one pair of monkey pajamas thinking he would never be able to fill them and sure enough his toes are scrunched in the bottom if I even try to put him in them.

We cried a little. Yes, don't tell Brad I told you this but WE did. We started taking things off the walls Friday evening nearly an hour before a dinner date with friends. Not smart. We talked about the moving in process and remembered hanging all of the pictures in our first few months of marriage. I had short hair and Amos was brown and fluffy and we were one less person in our family. Brad said that this condo feels like a condo for three....not Brooks' condo because we did share a brief 10 months before pregnancy and a baby. So, this next place can be Brooks'. We can start memories with him in kayaks on the water and learning to walk in the grass rather than right off Peachtree road.

Oh, and we watched the Falcons WIN! I loved their red helmets today and think they looked quite dapper if you can look that while playing football. Brooks watched too. I know this isn't the best thing for his development but Brad says you have to start him young when it comes to football. Oh, boys.......

Lastly, we MADE Brooks lay on his right cheek for his nap. This was a process because there is a magnet in his left cheek that is super powered whenever he takes naps. A few weeks we began to "question" not "worry" over the childs flatness of his head. So in our own attempt to keep him from having to wear a helmet we have made him nap on his tummy. Only problem now, he only lays on one cheek so now we are wondering about a flat face on one side? There are way too many things to consider when having kids at home. There is nothing sweeter than a baby napping.....


RAIN RAIN GO AWAY AND COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment