Friday, November 20, 2009

I confess

The baby is sleeping in the car and I am sitting in the garage ordering a pair of boots for Christmas online. I have found the one thing I want the most and as usual, I can't wait until Christmas. Really, I can't and not because I am impatient but because I have a popular shoe size so the retailers tell me I must buy shoes that I covet when I find them before they sell out or before they go on sale. Genius, aren't they. A good pair of boots and a unique jacket are the two things I don't feel bad purchasing anytime of the year. If you have a good pair of boots or a fun jacket you can walk around in a wind suit and still feel good. It seems every year this time either a pair of boots and/or a cute jacket makes it's way to the top of my wish list and it takes over 70% of my thoughts. I know this isn't healthy and I know it isn't about things but allow me to have one materialistic post a year okay? Luckily for Brad's paycheck, my mama already bought me a fabulous winter-white cropped jacket that I put on and model for myself just about everyday until it actually cools off enough to wear it around town. So, now it's just a pair of boots that are pulling on my heart strings. I just called Brad and told him, "that's it...I'll go back to work for these beauties."

And, yes, I said the baby was in the car while I was dreaming of the places my feet would journey in my new cognac boots. He fell asleep in the car this afternoon for the first genuine nap in 4 days and I wasn't about to wake him. I know it is illegal in a public place to leave a child in the car but in my own driveway with me right there and the air conditioning on it's okay, right? Maybe I shouldn't write that for the world to see but I had to confess. After a good 1:45 minute nap I went to go wake the sleeping baby and as I opened the door his big blue eyes popped open and he gave me the biggest grin as if to say thank you for letting me sleep mama. I needed that. Oh, and I think you'll look amazing in your new boots. You deserve them. Why thank you, darling. I'll let you sleep in the car more often.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you blog about sitting in the car w/ a sleeping baby. I'm catching up on reading blogs in the car in the driveway on my laptop b/c MA fell asleep on the way home from Costco. Oh the things we do for these little ones :)
    Hope yall have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um A)I need to know which boots you got because B) I have a total, insane boot addiction. And C)why wake up a sleeping baby? Even if it means sitting in the car ordering boots. (It's not like you had a choice, how else would you have spent that time?)
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete