Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catch up

It's happened. Everyone warned us and I knew it would be true but I sort of hoped it wasn't. After only 4 short and very long weeks of the little mans life - we have officially taken no pictures, had no parties, and called him every name but his own. Luckily he is still too young to even smile out of joy rather than from gas relief so we have some years to catch up on his individual attention but there is no denying.....it is quite different this time around. We wouldn't have left B in the living room of the condo if one of us wasn't in the room.....therefore, we toted him everywhere.....I mean everywhere. I'll never forget Brad texting me to ask how he was supposed to go to the bathroom when B was about 3 weeks old. It was his first babysitting experience and he was truly in a dilemma. Needless to say he took the car seat in the restroom and rocked the little guy while he did other things. Lovely picture.
Well, quite oppositely, W babysat last night while we went out for a walk.
KIDDING.
Really, though, W goes everywhere and with much less concern over a clean diaper, a non-smelly outfit, when he needs a nap, or how his head is positioned. Last night he took me out for a night on the town. We ventured two streets over to our neighborhood supper club. Maybe I dropped mac and cheese in his hair while I was trying to get a little in my mouth. And maybe I forgot I was wearing him around my belly like a cool, new accessory....I promise we'll make up for the lack of detailed attention in the months and weeks to come. As I've said....right now it's just about survival and we are surviving just fine.
Oh, and to add to this cute little story of our second sons quiet first few weeks.....I was in the tub the other night and as I should have been doing - I was texting with my husband from my cool new iphone. He sent me a picture of W, supposedly. I wrote back about how cute our babies are and how one day we should make more cute people because the world needs good looking people. He then sent me another picture text with a really mad W screaming. This went on for 5 pictures and 5 responses until I finally realized he wasn't even sending me pictures of W - they were pictures of B in the same outfit from last year. It's not that the two kiddos look remotely alike. It's just that is has all seemed to run together. Whenever I am comparing situations I use the terms "this year" and "last year"......not "this child" or "that child." Again, it's all about survival right now and it seems it's been like that for two years. But, no worries, my little worrying-blog-friends, things are so close to feeling normal and steady again that I can assure you these posts will take on a whole new flavor in the weeks to come. Yesterday I sang to Journey at the top of my lungs with my windows down as the kiddos snoozed in the car on the way home from the mall. How stinkin normal is that? We also went to Target for hours and bought things we don't need with money we don't have.....could there be anything more normal? Oh, and I have been wearing tall shoes for 3 days now. If that doesn't scream - "I'm not pregnant anymore and things are almost normal" than I don't know what does.

Cheers to normalcy and recognizing W as his own person and not a year! Happy Saturday!

So, here are the few shots of the last several weeks.
Grandmothers and/or B's fan club.....he is OBSESSED with this train table. I hear it is quite an investment but I also hear every boy needs one and since we now have two - we have more of a reason for a train set and even more of a reason to move to the burbs and buy a big house (though we never will!) because where else do you put stuff like this? Can it serve as a kitchen table too?

How sweet is the two week old? This IS definitely W and not B. I promise I know the difference.

Can we take him back to the hospital, mom?
One month old (this was Thursday)
Who are you? You are still here?

B went to play school for the first time in the past few weeks. He looks alot happier here than the images that come to my mind when I think of "school" so I'll keep reminding myself via this picture that he loves school and he doesn't cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment