Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear best friend,

My new weather man told me accurately this morning that there was a 90% chance of rain for today for coastal Georgia. Fortunately for me when I turned my eyes to 11 o'clock on the weather map there is Atlanta covered in rain too. I know this is terrible for me to wear a half smile when I see rain in the mother city but it atleast means that I wouldn't be missing out on much were I there so that makes the rain here a little more tolerable. Except here - I sit in the dark because we have 4 lamps trying to light 2800 square feet and our washer and dryer has yet to be installed so I have not a pair of clean socks to even wear if I were to get out of the house. Oh, and AT&T doesn't like our move either and thus extends us little to no service except for in one corner in the dining room. Therefore, Brooks and I have made it a quiet- pajama day in the dark. We have made the most of it though....

We finally made it through the last of the boxes and I sorted the boo-coos of shoes that followed me here. We've also read through all of the books on one of Brooks' bookshelves and played with everything that can be considered a toy - including a silver spoon and my hairbrush. We've eaten two of the four cupcakes (that I swore I wouldn't eat) that Brad brought home for our anniversary yesterday. We've also practiced our next trick...sitting up. No success today. See below.



I've been anxiously awaiting these 10 minutes in my day when I get to talk to my BFF. Yes, mighty blog, you are my "bestest" at the moment. You are here whenever I need you. You live in Atlanta and Savannah and somehow make me feel closer to home. You don't tell me to hurry up and start loving my new town....you just let me be so thank you. I know soon I will need to replace you with real friends that can meet me for lunch and talk about the Ellen show with me but for now I am so grateful to have an adult to talk to for atleast 10 minutes in my day. I am so happy that you are here even if I am still in my pajamas and I love that I don't get lost in my car when I try to find you. Oh, best friend....you are a true comfort right now in these first weeks. I owe you....

You'd be proud of us. Lastnight we did make it out on our town. Though we have met very few people here I did make sure to ask for babysitters right away. So Brad and I had our first dinner in downtown Savannah. We ate at Sapphire Grill in the corner, round booth. They treated us like we were movie stars. Either that or my husband begged them to please make this night impeccable because he fears his wife is next in line for the Cymbalta commercials. Whatever the reason - the night was quiet and romantic and pretty perfect. Savannah at night is a romantic little town so I was grateful to get out of my mommy clothes and eat some yummy seafood - straight from the nearby sea and hold onto my lovers arm as we strolled the streets. Thank you for all of the anniversary well wishes yesterday. Though I didn't actually get the phone calls until we were downtown lastnight (due to the situation above) I enjoyed every single message and we both felt so loved!



*Note the greasy hair in the above picture. I decided to do kickboxing in my living room 45 minutes before the babysitter came. I must tell you - we have found a use for the 1970's mirror with chandeliers thing in the hallway....it is now my personal workout studio. Trust me, this is quite entertaining for the whole family.

That's all for now. Talk to you soon, bestest friend,
BB

1 comment:

  1. I'll fight this blog for best friend rights. I will. And I'll win.

    I miss you and I want to sit around in my pajamas with you and Brooks and watch it rain on the water. I make really good coffee.

    ReplyDelete