Saturday, August 7, 2010

A list

This may be my most favorite list I have ever created - tied closely with my running list of things I want in case anyone ever wants to know what I want....... selfless, huh?
I salivated for an hour this morning as I walked around the neighborhood by myself dreaming up this most perfect list. Allow me to indulge myself for a few short minutes without any guilt because none of these items benefit anyone but me.

THINGS I WILL DO WHEN I AM NOT PREGNANT:
1) Toss the newborn to husband as I cross the threshold of our house and jump right on our soft bed ON MY STOMACH!
2) Wear my beloved tall shoes again everyday - everywhere! I haven't given them up because of comfort and my lack of balance but rather because I can't get around my stomach to strap them on.
3) Become an alcoholic.
4) I'm kidding about the above but for someone who doesn't normally drink I sure do crave the burn of a beer or margarita whenever I am carrying another human under my shirt.
5) Finish a work out.
6) Buy short shorts to wear even though summer time is almost over (and assuming the cellulite on the back of my legs has disappeared)
7) Slow dance with my husband. Slow dancing just isn't slow dancing when you are two feet away from your sweetie.
8) Train to run a half marathon or some other physical challenge that allows me to achieve some goals along the way.
9) THROW AWAY THE TUMS!
10) Take pictures of myself again
11) Sleep alone. I think this may be the only solution to my pregnancy ailment that I seem to come down with every year.
12) Just to reiterate......I will stay away from the older boy in my house! I will try my hardest not to even smell the clean smell on his neck in the morning that I so love because even that closeness would probably get me pregnant.
13) I won't ask for back rubs.
14) I WILL eat sushi the day after birth, a turkey sandwich the next day, a bowl of feta cheese for dinner that night (all followed by a beer) and to top it off - I'll enjoy a double shot espresso each morning from Starbucks. And I won't feel any guilt (because it's not like I've necessarily cut these things out during pregnancy....I just feel bad about my destruction the rest of the day and the guilt isn't worth the indulgence) Oh, I can't wait!
15) I will sleep like a baby. I know many of you are wanting to correct me on this one. Go ahead......but this pregnancy has proved to me that I am not good at being pregnant and sleeping. I would much rather 2-3 hard hours of intermittent sleep for 8-12 weeks than no sleep at all!
16) I will sing "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" with Brooks and actually do the motions successfully.
17) I WILL PLAN A GIRLS TRIP AWAY WITH NO BABIES. We will giggle, drink wine, dance if we want to, sleep late, eat yummy food, lounge in our pajamas, watch movies, and talk about celebrities and shoes. I am so excited to feel like a girl again and not just a breeder.
18) I will go on date nights with my husband (though not get too close) at a later hour than 5pm knowing that I may not actually be tired at 7:30pm.
19) I'll actually be able to do the downward dog in pilates.
20) I WILL WATCH MY THREE BOYS AND ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL STORY THE LORD HAS WRITTEN FOR ME AND ENJOY THE PRECIOUS MOMENTS THAT HE HAS GIVEN TO US.....all without burping, itching, crying, eating tums, running to the bathroom, and waddling from place to place.

Soon enough, my friends.....soon enough!

5 comments:

  1. Betsy! I have been without internet for a week and the first thing i did when i got on was check your blog to see if baby had come! Oh, how i wish i could baby-sit for you, but i am across town with my in-laws! Can't wait to hear news...praying for all 4 of you!
    PS--can't wait for you to enjoy crossing things off of this FUN list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be in on that girls trip!!! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. B- You finally figured out where babies come from =)You and the family are in my prayers for a speedy, EASY delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy - this list made me laugh out loud! As someone who hasn't been pregnant, I can only imagine that i would make a similar one!

    ReplyDelete