Thursday, November 18, 2010

Let's talk television

Modern family last night......hil-ar-i-ous. Oh my goodness, I snorted a few times while trying to laugh....that good. And after my no-good, rotten, horrible day yesterday I needed a happy ending. If you don't watch the show or don't know at all what I am talking about then I pity you. Your soul needs these kind of laughs.

I know that flash mob's are all the rage right now on youtube and among the YoungLife circles of the world, oh, and at Black Eyed Pea concerts but seriously - last night's flash mob on Modern Family takes the cake. If only Brad would participate for his "love letter" to me, then I would know we were truly kindred spirits. As you know, I love anything organized. More so, I love symmetry and anuthing coreographed usually has a beautiful element of symetry and lastly, hello......I love to dance more than anything on this planet. I know I am in a good place emotionally when I catch myself dancing in my hall way mirror or as I walk through the parking lot at the grocery store.

{Speaking of....let's take a time out and dedicate this next paragraph directly to my spouse. Husband, I know you may have not checked your calendar lately so I thought I'd just drop a note to let you know that next month is December. December is great and all for so many reasons, ie - SEC footbally championship (though not a good subject this year), my dad's spiced wassle at the family Christmas party, A Christmas Carol at the Alliance, and Jesus. But after December comes the January, the first month of the year. Yes, usually January is a cold blur and everyone is on Christmas hangover but not this year. This January is what? What, Brad? This January is your favorite 29 year olds next BIRTHDAY! Did you know when you married that girl that she had been thinking of her 30th birthday bash since she was 16? Seriously. Just like Manny on Modern Family, I was born 16, and may have skipped right past childhood and that is because I knew my glory days would be my 30's. And...did you know when you married that beautiful brunette with intoxicating eyes that she is the party thrower of all party throwers and that she wanted to be a dancer in the parades at Disney World when she grew up? All that to say - I don't need much for the biggest birthday I've ever had. I don't need a cake, or even a present but I do want to dance with all of my favorite people. END side note.}

So back to Modern Family.....I love that Brad will break from his usually dorky biographies that he prefers to watch if the television is on at all - to watch this show with me. Last night's episode made me excited for the days when our kids are old enough to make them choose sides and then have competitions between the Mister of the house and me. I love competition especially if you get to then sleep in the same bed with your enemy.....and especially if I am winning! For instance, Brad and I may not have much time for anything romantic these days - we barely get to talk over dinner and we are too tired to cuddle on the couch but we have found a new love language. Words with Friends on the iphone. Anyone? Is anyone picking up what I am throwing down? I love submitting a killer word worth 45 points and then turning the lights off in our room and asking Brad if he had played his word yet. Bam! poor guy is too tired to beat me at night so I get to go to bed knowing I am the winner for the next 8 hours and it feels soooo good! (Words with friends is like scrabble on the iphone)

I have mommy brain right now and just lost track of any track I was on in this post. Just so you know - I am eating mini choclate chips out of the bag because I was needing a taste of chocolate. What is wrong with me? Who does that? If only I had another fatboy slim icecream sandwich! Am I pregnant? Choke. I l just choked and spit morsels all over the dogs head. No worries, no more babies here for a long while......just a minor chocolate craving being satisfied...that's all.

Happy Thursday! What a difference a day will make.....I love being on the top of the roller coaster today. Thank you, God, oh, and Modern Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment