Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rollercoaster

Yesterday I put the best "me" forward and I admit, it was a pretty darn good day. I would make you sick if I told you how efficient/productive/positive I was throughout the day so I won't. Actually, I will. I need to look back on this on days like today and know that tomorrow will probably be different and better.
Yesterday I....
-Got up before the babies
-Got myself dressed and even wore my skinny jeans from last year (though I didn't feel/look very skinny)
-Made chocolate-banana muffins for my last mom-to-mom bible study for the season
-Dropped B off to the nursery with NO tears!
-Remembered my umbrella just in case
-Enjoyed a yummy brunch at bible study and had some much needed time with other women in my boat
-Taught Brooks the Itsy Bitsy spider pretty successfully
-Napped
-Cleaned up the house (which just means things are in their places)
-Made (scratch that - picked up) dinner for a friend
-Squeezed in an hour long walk
-Read a book to Brooks - 4 times over
-Read a chapter from my book
-Prayed for people I had said I would pray for
-And I ended the day with a tall beer on my sofa with a nice orange wedge on top. Perfect. Or pretty close to it....

I am sure there is more in there but those are some pretty high points I think. Oh, and I even made an apology phone call to my husband for being a whiny wife the last 3 months. So, I went to bed feeling pretty good about my day and my efficiency, but more so, my attitude all the while.

8 hours of sleep later and I'm racing down the hill on the roller coaster and all I can do is shut my eyes and throw my hands up. This has been one rough morning. I seriously will not write down the events of the morning because I may start crying again and there is no time for that....babies are tuning up to cry - I can just feel it coming.

Anyway, I guess that is how it goes, right? I hate that my attitude for the day is usually determined by the amount of time the boys spend with their eyes shut. It makes me feel like that "mom," always anxious for the next nap and the next ounce of serenity. I never want to be that mom but I also am not good at the other one - the one from yesterday except add a little make up and a home made dinner for my family and my friend. So, where is the in between? I know everyday can't look like yesterday and if every day were like today the birth rate would drop drastically. I dont really want to be on this roller coaster. In fact, I think some good ole monotony would do just fine right now.

Now that Ive had a few minutes to eat my pb&j (what ever happened to fancy lunches out?) I am feeling a little better about the no-good, terrible, awful morning and I have my sites set on a pretty afternoon outdoors. Aren't the leaves these days just amazing? Despite the ups and downs I am experiencing, I am calmed easily by just glancing outside and seeing an array of yellows and oranges. I love fall in Atlanta! Here's to a better afternoon...

1 comment:

  1. your day yesterday sounds like my day today. and now your day today makes me fearful for my day tomorrow. catch all that?? but the fact that you could notice something as beautifully simple as the leaves proves you are still doing great (even with your no-nap kind of day!)

    p.s.- are you in mom 2 mom at apostles? I signed up for the winter class after missing childcare cutoff this last time. so excited!

    ReplyDelete