Monday, November 15, 2010

Rainy Monday

I love wearing rain boots and a rain jacket all day as if any moment the doors of the house might fling open and the waters come rushing in. Were that to happen - I am prepared! I may not be prepared for much else these days but give me a rainy day and I am ready! Rain boots are like no other boot to me - they must be worn for the rain or the chance of rain - not just on a whim. Cowboy boots? Maybe. You don't have to go jump on a horse to be able to wear cowboy boots around town but rain boots - no sir...for the rain only. And since it is 100% chance of rain in the Atlanta area the next two days we are sporting our rain gear and our optimistic smile! You see, a rainy day - let alone two in a row - for a stay at home mom is like a day of no internet at the office for some. It makes you want to pull your hair out and while the rain allows for many other productive things to occur, ie - folding laundry, cleaning the house, that is not at all what I want to do on a rainy day. Luckily this morning we got out in the rain just so this afternoon wouldn't be like a tornado on steroids at our house. We had some play time at the gym and then at our friend Caleb's house. Caleb's mama and I have decided long ago that Caleb and Brooks would be college roommates one day just after they back each other on the high school football team. They are both about as "boy" as you can get and at this age they enjoy hitting each other and pushing each other over but then sealing it with a sloppy kiss. Isn't it funny...kids this age really know nothing on their own more than what they can mimic? They will literally throw each other on the floor and then if I ask them to kiss or hug they do it without hesitation. Oh, to be a child again and hold no grudges and move past things so easily!

Other rainy day subjects - I have a new found love. Hello, FatBoy ice cream sandwiches! Last week I put a box of ice cream sandwiches in my grocery cart. This was one of those -"hmmm, I haven't had this in a long time...I wonder if I still like them" type of grabs at the grocery. Luckily, when I got to the check out counter I talked myself out of the frivolous purchase remembering that "oh, yeah, I am not pregnant anymore and I can not eat ice cream if I ever want my husband to think racy thoughts about me again." Four days later I am still thinking about the purchase that I had surpassed. So yesterday I found myself at the store again for the some essentials - milk and ice cream sandwiches. The box I selected advertised that they were only 100 calories and half the fat as the regular ice cream sandwich. Nice. I buy them happily and rush home so they don't melt. Just as the boys went down for a nap (because when Brad is home they nap at the same time but when I am by myself they stagger their naps. How thoughtful?) I burst into the freezer to pull out my new find! I was pleasantly surprised that the "Slim-Fatboy sandwiches" were soooo tasty! I was unpleasantly surprised to see that the only reason they are half the fat and calories is because they are literally, half the size! What? I hate false advertising but I hate it most when I am a sucker to it! Anyway, I guess I only need the 100 calorie treat anyway.....So once again today, boys go to sleep and I enjoyed every lick of my new favorite thing! This is why I ever had kids - so I could buy food for them to "try" knowing that ultimately, I would get to enjoy the food that I normally wouldn't buy. Last week I bought a box of Kix for Brooks. Brooks didn't ever eat one piece of the cereal and they are all gone. And that is how the story normally goes.

Pictures posted next of our field trip to the Yellow River Game Ranch. Like a Zoo....only better. Hold on to your hats....

Happy rainy Monday (and Tuesday per the weather man)!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That is SO CRAZY! My sister just emailed me this morning saying she wants to take Karcyn to that ranch! Did you love it?

    ReplyDelete