Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday's around our house

....are our looooong days. I guess it is fitting because Wednesday is the middle of the week and after enduring a long day it is usually (optimistically speaking)downhill from there. Brad is finishing his MBA and is currently taking his last class. My husband is the cutest school boy you have ever seen. Yesterday he left the house in his glasses that make him look like he writes novels and his new sweater that makes him look like he has all the answers. Brad really does have all the answers. I love asking him about why bark grows on trees and then why Rudy should be our next president. He has a compelling answer for both and I always believe him. Maybe it is the look he has going on. Funny thing is if I ask him how to get somewhere or where something is - I always second guess. I know that is probably not good for his manhood but let's be honest - I've got street smarts! Or atleast I think I do which I think is the problem because I am dangerously naive and even more dangerously optimistic.
Back to Wednesdays....Brad has class until 9:00pm tonight. I am glad it isn't me. I feel badly for him having such a long day so I usually try to make sure he eats breakfast and I send him with snacks and stuff. I always have a yummy late dinner waiting too. I like to cook for him. I have found that that is one thing I truly like to do despite everyone telling me my whole life that I had not a domestic bone in my body.
While Brad is in school I indulge myself and I feel guilty even telling you what I do. I feel guilty because I plan things around my little secret indulgence. I wont schedule dinner with friends on Wednesday's or any work past 4:45. It's sinful! Every Wednesday I head up 85 to the atheletic club to work out for as long as I want! My friends would always tell you that I have always been addicted to endorphins so my little vice should come as no surprise but ever since this other person shares a schedule with me I feel a little more guilty taking in the endorphins for long periods of time. Luckily, sometimes Brad likes to join me on my little kicks and that is always a welcome surprise. So, there! I said it. It's out. I do not like that Brad has to sit in a chair all day only to drive an hour to sit in a chair at school until late in the night. I dont like it at all and I am so glad that soon this schedule will be different. But I will say, how then can I convince Brad that he, too, must join me for some pilates and salsa dancing and kickboxing or else?
Oh...how I secretly love long Wednesdays! After this confession I feel a little lighter too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Honey!!
    Well don't feel bad, I have a confession like that too. I hate that Travis has to spend the nights off sometimes for work, but it is also comforting that I do not have to make dinner(or clean up afterwads; it's GREAT!!) and I get to stay at the gym as late as I want also. It's so funny but I keep that secret hidden also!
    Ha Ha
    Love,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete