Thursday, May 10, 2012

No!, Why? and Will-E-Yum

I feel like we have a sound machine in our house that runs from 723am to 804pm everyday with a slight intermission from 130-4. As I have said before we have spent a TON of time in our house lately. It really baffles me....we have been here 8 weeks now and other than our necessary trips we haven't left the confines of our little home. It has been the most crazy thing in my last four years as I used to find reasons to just get out every morning and afternoon. I attribute much of our new-found stability to the ease that that his house has provided for entertainment. There is nothing a mother loves to hear more from a toddler than I want to go to my house and play, mommy. So, that is just what we have done. Yesterday I got a little too overambitious and took on 3 different projects after nap time and I ended up close to labor I think and maybe desperately needing a glass of wine on the porch once the boys were down for the night. Here are the pictures for proof.......
But of course the other part of our staycation of late is the fact that it is just easier to move my added weight and two hefty toddlers from one floor to the other rather than from the car to a grocery cart to a store to the car to a park to a slide to a restaurant and back to the car. That makes me tired writing it. When we do venture out and go through the ritual above I literally shut the back door after everyone is buckled enough to save a life and I put my forehead on the car and probably repeat a curse word that I never thought I'd say. Atleast I am honest with you. So...we are nesting of sorts and sincerely enjoying our unplugged, uncluttered, unhurried life before the baby. Back to the sound machine....while we are spending all of these hours at home I start to notice that our conversations go on repeat about every 6 minutes. Here is a little glimpse. William, let's go down stairs and eat (fill in the blank). NO! Come on little man...downstairs. NO! Brooks, tell William to come down stairs and eat (fill in the blank). WHY? Because it's time to eat and he wont' listen to me. WHY? Because. But WHY? Well, Im going downstairs to eat and yall can come when you are ready. WHY? BECAUSE I WANT TO! (Then Brooks to William)....William, let's go down stairs and eat baby. (He calls him baby). NO! (Brooks) WHY not, Will-E-Yum? Then William repeats his name - Will-E-Yum. Then Brooks says his name again with 3 syllables because this is just what they do and then they repeat the name back to eachother for a good 4 minutes. By that time I've already eaten 3 waffles and just wait for any crying to begin. Repeat process again in 6 minutes or following any task I give them or question I ask of them. So as you can guess we are right on track with our stages. William is the master of the cutest pierced lip "NO!" that I could ever not want to hear and Brooks wants to know why it rains, why the wind blows, why my belly sticks out, why carrots are orange, why dad goes to work, why he needs to say sorry to his brother when he is not nice, why he has to go to bed, why the bird flies across the sky, and why I don't know the answers when I say "I just don't know, buddy." Isn't this the predictable role of an almost 2 and 3 year old? And as for the Will-E-Yum....it is just plain hysterical. My mom tried to teach Brooks how to say his little brother's name rather than "Nillum" as he is so called and now the boys think it is the funniest thing at the most inapproporiate times to repeat their little saying....Will-E-Yum. I have to find the video of this cause it's a keeper. So that's where we are.....enjoying our days in pajamas, getting to know the trees and birds in our yard, and just waiting waiting waiting on everything to change in a matter of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment