Thursday, February 7, 2008

Brad's laugh

When Brad really laughs...like, really laughs from deep down in his belly it does miracles to any stinky mood that may be hanging around our condo. Lately this kind of gut laugh happens during our twice weekly viewing of American Idol. Once there was a time in even our seperate lives that neither of us really watched that much tv. And even though we still refuse to have a tv in our bedroom now - we do like some quality mid-week television...aka American Idol. What has marriage done to me?

Once the season actually begins and the tour is over - I am not sure what kind of fans we will be because let's be honest - we like to watch people make fools of themselves.... just like you do. One of the best was when the girl a few weeks ago actually got the golden ticket to Hollywood and then as she was being interviewed by the cameras on her way out she says, "I'm going to Hollywood to be America's Next top Model!" What? Poor lady. I have a funny feeling the excitement will be too much for her in Hollywood.

Or what about the girl lastnight that brought her dog, "Panda", to the audition. The judges were much more intrigued by the teacup sized puppy than this blonde-Southern-peanut of a girl. The dog was cute. Or how about the fact that Paula seems to be intoxicated on the show these days. Now - I dont usually give into rumors but I think for certain there is a little more than just Coke in her red Coca-cola glass. The bottmo line is Brad laughs. I just love it when he laughs the kind of unplanned, unstructured, take you by surprise type laugh that seems only to come at the expense of these desperate auditioners. Sometimes he laughs at me, too, like this and I dont even mind it because it is so stinkin refreshing! Dont you love it when just hearing someone else laugh makes you laugh. Those are the good ones and we tend to do alot of that around our house. One of my favorite songs growing up was by the Indigo Girls called Least Complicated and at the beginning of the live version they are talking and Amy says "You have to laugh at yourself or you'd cry yours eyes out...."
So true. Laughter has certainly proven to be the perfect medicine in marriage. Now if I could just laugh about my job or the taxes we might owe or gaining a few l-b's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment