Friday, February 8, 2008

locationlocationlocation

Who ever said that was right on the money. I have now lived within the same 1 mile radius for the past 4 years and I am addicted to even the noise and the fast cars and the cranes and the construction, the exhaust...you name it - it is a part of me. Brad and I comment often that we have a bias towards our area of town. We are close to all the interstates, there are plenty of backroads to make you feel like you are far away from buildings and skyscrapers and we live near the oldest planned country club in Atlanta which may mean nothing but the area is now highly trafficed (sp?) by budding young roller bladers like ourselves and other bikers and runners. One thing is for certain - there are always people outdoors and I love that!
Lastnight after what I am sure was one of Brad's most amzing dinners I have cooked him (pizza on English muffins because the 3 ingredients to make this contraption are all that were in the fridge) - we went out for a nightly stroll. Confession: this used to be nightly but since we said 'we do' and we got a cool new television - it has become more of a once monthly thing. We love it when we do get out, though, and I find we have the best conversation. We strolled over to Lenox this time to entertain a latte. A latte for me and a bold coffee with a splash of our own kahlua (no lie) for Brad -just to be exact. Where Santa used to reside in the mall there are now these ugly plush black sofa like lounge chair things. They could fit maybe 6 people. So Brad and I lay on these things, literally, just drinking our coffee and eating our free cookie the Starbucks man gave us because I am cute (or because it was 4 minutes til close and he didnt want to waste them). We agree that people were looking at us enviously because we had the nerve to make the hallways of Lenox our very own living room. We love to watch people, though, and what a better place to do it. Many of the mall-walkers at this time are solo and seemingly dont own belots because there were more baggy-jeaned boys with panties showing than I had ever seen. Isnt there a law against that?

Anyway, lastnight is yet another example of mine and Brad's problem. We are location snobs. Last weekend we went to Newnan and our host friends have a georgeous 5 bedroom house with a real yard. Now, Brad and I have no need for 4 extra bedrooms (we can hardly keep 2 clean) but we did love the yard and the space. On the way home I think we were both silently wondering if we would ever make that move? I dont blame anyone that does. What a smarter thing to do especially around some of the surrounding suburbs that have seen so much growth as Atlanta grows. Luckily, I think both Brad and I are too addicted to our fabulous location. Chances are we wont be able to stay here forever especially if when we ever decide to add names to our Christmas card. But....I can see us much more sharing our queen sized bed and tiny closets before we head OTP. I know...some of you may say I told you so when we actually have to start looking to buy but for now - walking to S'bucks and Publix and the movie theatre and having the best 3 mile excercise loop in the city right across the street is all we need. Personally, I dont know how I could sleep now at night if I didnt hear the rush of 18-wheelers. How peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment