Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mama's sick

And it is really all I can think about today. Maybe it's just a cold with a nasty sore throat but there is just something that gets me whenever mama is sick. Mama is like Superman or the Braves or the Berlin wall or something. She is usually always good and always tough. Whether its her physical health, mental health or spiritual health - she never has much to complain about. I admire her for this. Truly selfless I tell you because you know me, everyone knows when something has me even slightly off my rocker.
Anyway, I talked to mama last night and she sounded terrible. On top of that my dad is out of town and I think my younger sister may be too busy being a teenager. So last night mama went and got herself some soup and went to bed. I should have not listened to her and come to her rescue. It just really shakes me when the one person who is the strongest person I know isn't feeling normal. More so, I dont want her to be alone. Mama was always the best nurse for us. I am one of four kids so there was a weekly ailment around the house and I would say 48 of 52 weeks the ailment had to do with me. I am wimp when it all comes down to it. Brad is just lucky that he hasnt had to be a nurse to me yet because unlike the rest of my 'non-high maintenance' personality (ha!) - I am extremely high maintnance when it comes to being sick. So usually mam's cure for our perpetual sicknesses or bumbs and bruises was the perfect combo. I mean the perfect combo. A coke and a reeces peanut butter cup. Nothing has ever made me feel so healthy and so 'fixed' as a reeces and a coke from the can. You may laugh at this true home remedy but something about the combo was magical or maybe it was just the sincerity in which my mama believed the two could cure. So that's all I wanna do....hop over to mama's house and bringher her very own co-cola and reeces peanut butter cup. I just want to make her better like she always makes me better no matter the mood or the ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment