Friday, January 22, 2010

Cyber-love

Love wins all the time. That is your cozy thought for the day. Yesterday I made a shabby blog-plea for some of your valued thoughts regarding meal time and me-time (ie:books). I hit the PUBLISH button and expected to hear from one or two of you mainly because you know that I know that you read the blog daily. But really that was all I was expecting and I would have been happy with a new recipe or two from you two faithfuls. Well, I came home from my first night out on my new town with some girls that don't know my last name and I was overwhelmed by all the recipes and book love sitting in my inbox! It felt like we were all sitting in our snuggies next to a fire, real close, just giggling and sipping hot chocolate. It's amazing how a little love even through the internet can surely be felt. So, thank you, thank you, thank you! In perfect timing, I also got a 30% off coupon at Borders in my inbox so Brooks and I are going to make a trip to the world of books today! And, I can't wait to add some new recipes to my arsenal. Thank you sweet cyber friends!

And to return the favor, here is one of my weapons in the kitchen. Super easy. Super yummy and my version is pretty healthy. Enjoy!

Parmesan Chicken Fettuccine (though not the kind you might first picture). Disclaimer: I scale everything down for two people and I am a dumper in the kitchen rather than a measurer. Maybe this is my problem but I just use my instincts which sometimes prove to be too salty or too dry. Nonetheless, you can't go too wrong with this guy....

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, sprinkled with salt, tenderized and then cut into bite sized pieces
2 TBS flour
1 TSP seasoned salt
1 TBS butter or olive oil
1 TSP minced garlic
1 cup sliced white mushrooms, washed
1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup-1 cup half and half (or heavy whipping cream if you want to go all the way) This just depends on how thick you want the sauce
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
Finely chopped pecans (optional)

Place chicken pieces in large Ziploc bag with flour and salt and pepper. Shake the bag to coat chicken pieces. In meantime heat skillet on medium heat and when heated add butter or olive oil to coat the pan. Then add garlic to pan. Dump contents of bag in skillet and cook until chicken is browned (about 5 mins). Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes stirring often. Add wine, cream, and scallions cooking for 5-7 more minutes, stirring. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve over your choice of pasta or add cooked pasta to skillet with chicken mixture and get it all good and mixed right there and then top with parm. I should write a cookbook using that kind of lingo. Enjoy!

If you come to visit me I will probably serve this to you along with one of my "catch-all-way-too-expensive" salads.


And because babies are more fun than cooking and reading, here is what happens when you allow the 8 month old to eat a cookie in the exersaucer. Cookie all over face and cookie on feet. Oh buddy, did any get in your tum-tum?



1 comment:

  1. I love the cookie on his feet! My sweet, adorable, loving Brooks. Brooks Bagwell you make my day!

    ReplyDelete