Thursday, January 14, 2010

Surprises!

The word makes me want to jump. I love a good surprise but unfortunately for those that love me the most and actually care to surprise me - I am no an easy target. Actually I am not a target at all. I've told you this before. I am a little too in the details of things to not notice a funny charge on the Amex or a supposedly subtle inquiry to find out my favorite sweet of the day. I hate that I am like this but I can't do a thing about it so instead I just try to act aloof when my sweet husband is scurrying around with his camouflage and binoculars.
Tomorrow is the day that I am officially a year older than Brad in numbers...atleast until May. He loves this day every year and he spends the next 4 months reminding me of my wrinkles and sagging parts. We are headed to Atlanta to celebrate for the long weekend and I couldn't think of anything more I'd rather do. We'll eat our favorite foods probably over and over again and see many of our friends that we haven't seen since this summer before we said our good-byes. There doesn't even need to be an ounce of surprise this weekend because it's going to be that ideal.....that good! Oh, and Sunday we are treating ourselves to a hotel stay somewhere while Nise watches the little guy. We could stay at the LaQuinta Inn and I would be thrilled just to have a night of uninterrupted sleep (sorry grandma, he likes to get up these days for some reason!) What a perfect birthday treat!
But wait there is one surprise....tomorrow I have an appointment scheduled at 3pm. That's all I know. No, "what to wear", "where to park", "how long I'll be away", "whose babysitting" type details. Just the time - 3pm. Goodness, I couldn't sleep last night out of anticipation. I love a semi-surprise! Even if my appointment is with the dermatologist or something I'd be thrilled just knowing someone else planned it for me and has even taken care of child care (I think). I could start to do some interrogating and probably find out the skinny but I like it this way. I know just enough to not have plans scheduled at 3pm but nothing more!

I hope you enjoy a nice, long, hopefully warmer weekend! Because it's my birthday - take Monday off of work. Tell 'em I told you so! (In elementary school I used to think that is why I was out of school. Ouch, hurts finding out the world doesn't revolve around me! Ha!)

2007: Brad and I were barely dating this year but he drove an hour north to get my favorite cake! Surprise! We ended up at Johnny's Hideaway this night.....one of my favorite nights in Atlanta for sure!

2008: Once again....a yummy slice of my favorite cake after a fun dinner at Two Urban Licks.

2009: Surprise - I'm over half way through the pregnancy here and therefore enjoyed many birthday cakes and meals. This one was with some dear girl friends at Eclipse di Luna. And below with Brad at Cirque du Solei with my parents. I love Birthdays and finding any reason to celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, Happy (early) Bday girl! I REALLY want to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Betsy! Wish we were in Atlanta to see you, but we are living in Scottsdale, Arizona Jan-Mar. Hopefully, we can catch up soon. Enjoy ATL and your 3 pm surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend. Can't wait to hear about the surprise. I'm sure it was wonderful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete