Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today I like Savannah

Put your sunglasses and favorite summer sundress on....and flip flops, too.....Don't worry about your winter-toes. Grab a tall glass of ice water with a fresh slice of orange on top. Don't forget the book on your night stand and maybe even a little SPF. I have an Adirondack for you on the dock waiting. I just put a blanket there, too, just in case you need to shut those pretty eyes. The water is coming in steadily so there is a constant ripple that will remind you that you are part of a bigger story. Your baby or dog or whatever chores inside you need to do need to be left alone right now. They need a break from you anyway. A lanky, white bird just landed on the rail of the dock to peer at the lunch selection below. There is just enough breeze to move the trees slightly to and fro. There is the perfect, distant sound of boats enjoying the water and the sun on a lazy day.

I'm waiting for you and I hope to finish the last few pages of my book before you get here so we can have plenty of time for some much needed conversation. Oh, and there's leftover birthday cake should you get a sweet tooth. Does it get any better? See you soon. Hurry, my cheeks are getting pink.

Not to mention that my seat here on this quiet dock feels all the ore inviting after waking up this morning with a sudden urge to clean. With Brooks on one hip I literally cleaned this over sized and underused house with a toothbrush. 5 hours later and a few crazy hallucinations after taking in all the chemicals and I have never felt more worthy of sitting in the sun with my book. My mama would be so proud.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was right there with you, girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mama is SO proud of you for many things. You seem to be at peace in the sun and enjoying all of God's beauty and blessings! Hope you are feeling much better and can't wait to come visit.

    ReplyDelete