Sunday, June 8, 2008

Only have a few minutes

Brad is out walking our puppy....excuse me, kitty cat, Amos. Amos got a pretty serious new do on Friday much to Brad's desire. I will have to post pics for you to believe me but he is fluffy dog when you look at his face but his body now looks like an oversized cat. Anyway, I have like 6 minutes to write before he gets back as we have a date to watch a few of the Dog Whisperer episodes we have on tevo before I hit the bed early. Pretty dull, I know. So in light of too many unnecessary details here are some things to update you:
*It was 99 degrees today at the Virginia Highland Summerfest. Brad and I enjoyed all of the freebies that Starbucks and others were passing out and we looked puzzled at each bypasser eating a frozen banana on a stick...that's just weird...but more so, at the people eating philly cheesesteaks hot off the grill. Did I mention 99 degrees and way too many people! Anyway, we love festivals. We like to watch the crazy people like us who go to everyone of them only to see the same booths and same folk art and the same frozen bananas. Atlanta really has some interesting characters when you get outside of the cozy confines of our neighborhood. I think the neat thing about Brad and I right now is that our cozy 6 mile radius is starting to wear on us...fast. We talk often of living in a place where we truly have to ask in order to find the nearest coffee shop. We crave those conversations with people not like our selves, not concerned by the things that often cause us a false sense of anxiety. I can't say anymore because that is all it is.......a desire. And we know God is the author of our desires. We are patient to see what His purpose is for this craving. In the meantime, we festival hop just looking at all the people and wondering where might they came from????

*Puppy goes to school at the end of this month and loses his manhood. It's a big month. Until this transition period we'll just keeping loving on him....brushing him....taking him to the dog park and feeling loved in return. What a treat for Brad and I!

*I don't like to cook. I like to cook breakfast but as much as Brad likes my blueberry pancakes he doesn't want them or any variety for dinner more than 2 nights a week. Last week I planned out the whole week of delectable dinners and spent more money than I should have to impress my groom and we ended up finding a convincing reason every night to eat out. Do you have an economical favorite eating place within our 6 mile radius? We go to Taqueria Del Sol every Thursday and some times more often if we don't feel like using will power. It is true, Brad says this is the sole thing he will miss if our adventure comes true. For real....any suggestions. Cooking isn't for us.

*My brother goes to Guatemala this week for a medical mission trip. I am just so so tickled for him. He really makes me so proud. I wish I could tell you all about him but Brad just came in and I promised a date with Cesar and Amos and Brad.....3 men! But......listen to this......handsome, one year of med school to go until he can add the M.D. to his name, loves our Creator and has such a fresh love for him (this is the coolest thing).....likes to kayak, play the mandolin, and buy toys. He always seems to have a new toy. Anyway, this is his first mission trip and Brad and I just can't wait to see what God does to use him in Guatemala. We'll keep you posted.

Okay, I'm late for my date. I miss writing. I miss my heart being vulnerable. Hopefully, this will start a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment