Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poor Amos


I know he is only a canine, not even human....he has four feet, not two, and eats what they call "food" but smells like old, salty meat but I pity him. I do. The last few weeks I have engaged in some part time work activity that has called for me to actually be in an office like most working citizens. I like the little "community" here at the office as I was surely starting to get a little lonely in the confines of the condo/office but I just hate hate hate to leave little Amos at home with nothing but an antler to chew and a ragged frisbee. He follows me to the door when I leave and looks at me with the longest, saddest eyes that just seem to plead with me as I slowly leave. I don't think I can do this too much longer. I know he is but a dog but he has truly been my one friend during my quiet work days at home for the last several months. He even watches Rachel Ray as I type away on my laptop. "They" say dogs don't have a reference for time. For instance, if he is in the house alone for 5 minutes or 5 hours he doesn't know the difference and he get's excited to see me either way when I come home. This doesn't comfort me though. I sense that he is slowly growing apart from me to where soon he won't even need my high pitched greetings and belly rubs to make his tail wag. He is about done with me...I can tell. So, should you be on Peachtree today stop in and give Dr. Amos - The Famous dog - some lovin. I know I can't choose a career based off of my ability to see Amos but I won't lie to you....it's a grave factor in my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment