Thursday, February 5, 2009

When you can't sleep....

You stop staring at the ceiling and counting the cars pass by and you find funny things on the internet and feel like you are not all alone in this world. Please Gladys, won't you be my neighbor?




Seriously, I was awakened at 3:53am by a passer-byer on the sidewalk. It is too cold to be out on the sidewalk walking at this hour anyway but this hulligan was just singin away - loud! I scurried to the window to make sure the friendly-early-mornin-stroller wasn't on our patio which is where the he sounded. Nope, he was just walking by waking up the poor expectant women who can't sleep anyway. I crawled back in bed and began to stare at the ceiling as I usually do when awakened at the wrong time. Something about the hormones swimming around but I can not go back to sleep these days once I am awake. I have learned that is just best to get up and do something else and try to sleep later if I get a chance.

I've had breakfast twice and finished a book. I have opened our taxes hoping to find a miraculous "WE OWE YOU $X,XXX.XX" but our status still hasn't changed. I've cleaned the guest bathroom and organized my calendar. I just need a cure for these sleepless nights! Is this just preparation for what is to come? Is my body just telling me it is rested so - Get up! The worst part about wakening in the middle of the night is my tummy. It craves things that it shouldn't crave at such hours....today it was a blueberry waffle but yesterday it was a Flinstone's push-up pop....you know the ones you ate as a kid that taste like an orange creamcicle? Delish.

Okay, I hope you slept better than I did. Happy cold Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment