Monday, June 13, 2011

baby bro found himself a perty little wife

And they're gonna have a pretty sweet life. And really cute kids. One day.
Unfortunately, for them and us, they have spent too many a dinner times with our family of four to not want children for an unreasonably long time. My lifestyle in the past has caused people to want to run long distances or to live a little more "unscheduled" but never have I caused such a dramatic conclusion. No kids!

Anyway, last night Brad and I left the monsters with an insane saint-like babysitter right during the 3 hardest hours of a little person's day - a bath, a dinner, and an attempt at bed. We travelled across town for the first of the festivities for the wedding. There have been some bachelor/ette type parties before now but ironically both Brad and I were given "passes" to not attend. I never before knew how OLD thirty seemed until I appeared to out dated for a bachelorette party! {I'm just kidding, little bro and sis-to-be......we both know it would have been so fun and comfortable to sit around and talk about your honeymoon rompings with your turning-grey-haired-sister and brother in law. So fun!} So last night was our first wedding activity and it was so perfect! {Except for the fact that I didn't remember until we pulled up that it was a couples-fiesta-shower and I had told Brad to dress in his finest. Forgive, honey? Please?} My littlest brother and sister in law to be have some pretty cute friends and for a few hours I was back in the middle of "how can I find a job that I actually like" and "where do I actually meet girls in a big city" type of conversations that I hadn't been privy to in many years.....and I loved it! I can't wait for the big day in July! Not only will this be the most fun wedding I have ever attended because that is just how they are....it will also be such a thrill to have another girl in our family and a little bit more complete family dynamic. I am so grateful to have something other than baby milestones and food intolerances to keep up with for a few months.

And for some reason now the tears have started to fall. I thought I'd make it another paragraph but oh well! I just love a good marriage. I know my brother has what it takes to make it just that. He is compassionate yet energetic. Agressive yet he certainly has a soft side. He is the person you want to show up to the party with because he is that much fun but also the person you want to sit with over a long lunch because there is a deep side, too. More so, he is the person you will want to marry because he will have the most outrageous videos shown and stories told at his rehearsal dinner. I can't wait!

Cheers to summer weddings and my big family getting even bigger! Party pictures to come {hint hint - mom!} because they are a cute couple and you'll want to see them!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Funny how perspective and emotions flow after you've entered the "baby phase" and aren't attending a wedding every weekend of the summer like we did back in the day. I went to a wedding for one of Chris' friends a couple of weeks ago and teared up when the bride walked down the aisle. Congrats to your brother!

    ReplyDelete