Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stats

Y'all, it is bizzz-eee over here and it's the kind of busy I don't mind hanging around. Though I always like a full calendar and atleast something on my agenda each day I really do not like to run myself and the babies into the ground with activities, doctor's appointment's, and the like. Luckily, this hot summer we really have very little "to do." We didn't sign up for summer camp. yes, I said summer camp. I had no reason, really. I just didn't get around to it but I do think it is funny that I would have considered camp for my 2 year old! More so, we have done most of our travelling (though I am hoping for a girls trip to Charleston or Savannah, hint hint coastal friends) and we really have nothing to do but to grow up and to get ready for a wedding next month.

Speaking of growing - that is where we have been busy. Not-so-little-anymore-William started crawling right around his 10 month birthday and it so entertaining. He is fear-less! I've said it before but I love watching it play out....Brooks is cautious and reserved while William goes straight for the wires and the cliff! We were really able to "house-proof" the baby with Brooks but I have already started baby-proofing the house for the chubby man on four wheels now.

We are grateful for this new stage though as it allows William to sustain his ever increasing appetite. The other night I made a casserole - the good kind, gooey and full of cream and fat! I rarely do it that way but I was needing some comfort food. I fed William probably a cup and then left for the night with Mr. B in charge. I called him 20 minutes into my trip for some reason and he said he was feeding William casserole and that he had eaten half the pan. "I already fed Willy-B," I exclaimed! This was the first time I really felt guilty about his caloric intake. He will eat anything in front of him and he won't stop himself. My brother, who is a doctor, says he is fine with him being a little plump until he turns two but I am afraid at this rate he'll be on a tv show in 10 years. Luckily the crawling has to be doing something for the food consumption. My new motto for Willy-B is "calories in =calories out," so we just make him crawl all over the house chasing after us if he wants to be held. {Not really but sort of :) }

He also sings "da, da' da" all day long even if I insist that the right words are "ma, ma, ma." Everyone is bias towards the cuteness of their own child and I get it for sure. With this little guy though we just keep quiet because we just know he is that stinkin adorable. I mean Brooks makes us laugh and his eyes light up a room and he certainly had his cute pre-one moments but W doesn't even try and you can't help but munch on his cheeks when you pick him up. Oh, and smiles.....he owns them. I know the babies have caused some commotion with my hormones but every smile and belly laugh makes it all worth it. God surely knows what he is doing when he plops you in the hardest stage of life you'll ever face but gives you a chubby baby (and a toddling-toddler) to entertain you. Often people offer to take the boys for a few hours or even days and while the break is needed and nice - I just don't like not having them around. They have made this year battling insomnia a happy year to remember. As I sit here with less than two hours of sleep under my belt I can't believe I can say that - but it is true. What a treat - and challenge it is to have young children!

But as cute as they are awake, they both happen to be sleeping right now and I need to go try to take care of this sleep deficit as much as I can. Happy official summer!

Brooks in his cowboy boots that he is OBSESSED with! He wore them in honor of my cowboy boot wearing grandma!
And all of my boys helping me grocery shop. They are as helpful as they look...

1 comment:

  1. So many blessings and I am glad to see your blog focuses on the positives in your life.
    I love the picture of the boys "helping" you grocery shop. So cute and true ...not much help. I use to grocery shop at 6 am so I could go by myself and eat a reese's and drink a coke all by myself and so I could have some peace. I also got it done quickly and back home by 7 before ya'll ever got up!Love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete