Thursday, October 2, 2008

DD for TP

This situation is so pathetic that I must confess to the public. This is like detox for bad habits.
Brad and I have attempted to "makeover our money" Dave Ramsey style in the last few months. Mostly out of desire but partially out of necessity. We figure we could at least attempt to enact positive spending and saving habits in these first years so with the hopes that the good habits will follow. Note: this attempt only works because we have a separate line item for Taqueria Del Sol. If we didn't do it that way we would go over in our dining out budget every month.
Anyway, each month seems to be longer than the one before. August was a nightmare...5 weekends with a Holiday weekend at the end. Needless to say, we were stealing money from Amos' account to try to pay for basic necessities. We made it though! So this month I got a little happy at the grocery store. Really, I just thought I would go green for a month...you know, the thing to do. So I bought lots of veggies and weird things that I never thought I would spend my money on....Earth friendly cleaners, flax seed and Stevia to name a few. Monday of this week comes around and we are down to a pack of koolaid in the pantry and some frozen edamame in the freezer. I think Brad and I think it is a fun game to try not to go to the grocery store until the budget starts over - which was yesterday. Well, yesterday was a wash. I am not sure what I did but it wasn't productive and I didn't get out of my pajamas until I took Amos on a walk at 5pm. Yuck. Needless to say, the last square of toilet paper was squandered the night before on a spill in the kitchen. Yes, that is what paper towels are for but for some reason the last square of tp seemed more fitting. So, this morning.....I tell you no lies, I head out with the Famous Dog at 7:12am while Brad was in the shower to get him a "treat." How about a little Dunkin Donuts? America runs on Donuts but the Bagwells just need some TP. I attempted to order the new eggwhite flatbread concoction that I see on tv but they tell me they don't carry those. I hate misleading commercials that actually do their job and get me out the door to buy the thing so improperly advertised. I settle for e low-fat blueberry muffin (the "green" eating only lasted last month) and a bagel sandwich for Mr. Brad. And, yes, while I was waiting I chose to kindly use the washroom. I admit, I stole a few squares of toilet paper! PATHETIC. I am extremely embarrassed but all the while extremely proud that I have yet to go to the grocery store! Do you blame me?

Let's see how long we can go without making a trip to the grocery store....I just remembered though that we have guests tonight and I didn't consider that when evaluating the squares needed for the day. Decisions decisions. Thank you DD!

No comments:

Post a Comment