Wednesday, March 25, 2009

April showers bring May flowers!

I know it's not quite April but I am pretending. I LOVE the month of April! April and October are probably my two most favorite months. April in Athens was always so heavenly. Everyone did everything outside and I was able to extend my long runs and run the whole city just to see everything in bloom. April's at the Terrace were just the same. There were birthday's galore to celebrate and we needed no solid reason at all to sit in the front yard on a blanket in our 12+ inches of grass just to soak up a little vitamin D. October is a favorite for other reasons but the most recent one on the list is that it is the month of our anniversary not to mention cookouts and football and perfect evenings on a porch somewhere in the metro area.
This April though will be no exception. Actually, I don't think there has ever been such hype around an April as there is this one. The weekends are packed full of baby showers for baby B and trips from all of Baby B's favorite "aunts" plus a mini-trip to the Florida panhandle. Baby B already loves to travel I can tell so he, too, can't wait for mama to enjoy some seafood and sunshine at the shore!
It seems that all of the April "showers" should certainly bring a May flower in the form of a baby! But that is the question......will baby B make his grand entrance in May as we have been told? Or does he think he might follow in our fashion and be super late by arriving in June? When carrying around nearly 20 extra pounds the earlier the date the better but of course we want him to come when he is good and ready.....go figure....that's how Brad and I work anyway! So I know April will whirl by and then it will just be a few weeks of waiting and "nesting." By the way.... I've always thought the nesting instinct was just a term women gave themselves to account for extra spending on things around the house that aren't needed. Now I can confirm that this is true but I think it is more than just an instinct - it is a disease. I spend hours aimlessly wondering about the internet for antique things that I didn't know came in antique. I write lists galore and list every task down to making the bed and I try hard to check all the things off in any of my free time. I search for recipes that I may never cook and I look through magazines looking for something that I might need to want. I am your ultimate gullible pregnant consumer right now - paying attention to all adds and and shopping around for unnecessary things! HELP! I am glad that I am still working for the most part or we would be in trouble with any extra time on our hands. This instinct/disease truly does cause severe side effects. I dream about organizing things! No joke...last night I was on an organizing high in my dreams and I woke up just smiling and probably drooling- but still with messy, chaotic drawers!

What an exciting season this is for us! Thank you to our sweet friends and family for your phone calls, emails, and prayers over these last 7 months! I can't believe we are beginning to near the end! We take a tour of the Women's Center at Northside tonight. You know you are old when you are so excited about your date with your mate to tour a hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment