Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DST and 70 degrees

Amos had the best weekend of his life! Saturday he met his new friend, Cody - a Wheaten too, at the dog park. They were really pretty rude and enjoyed mostly playing with themselves and no other canines of any type. You see, when a Wheaten sees another fluffy headed dog with bear paws they are immediately attracted to only that dog. They wrestled and ran and chased squirrels and leaped over small stumps and dips in the ground like their lives depended on it. Amos, the white-fluffy dog, came home black and wet. Then, Mr Brad gave him a good Pantene Pro V bath and you should see him now! He is so yummy and snuggable. Unfortunately, I think the warmer temperatures may be a little much for his long hair so he may have to go back to see the crazy lady to get his haircut real soon.
Then, Saturday we took our perfectly groomed fluffball to Piedmont Park to see the rest of the crazies and their cousins enjoying the sunshine and nursing hangovers from the night before. Mr. Brad even got a little sunburned from the excursion but he doesn't mind because it means Spring is truly on it's way. You would have thought with so many people, doing so many different things, looking so many kinds of different, that Amos would have been in heaven meeting new people and sniffing out situations but I think he was just as occupied as we were just watching the spectacle. You had jugglers, sunbathers in bathing suits and nice white un-sunned Winter bodies. There were mini dogs, massive dogs, hairy dogs and the ugliest hairless dogs Amos had ever seen. You had pic-nics, badminton tournaments, bocce ball, soccer practices with overbearing parents/coaches. There were even two sets of aspiring musicians delighting the ambivelous crowd. There was beer and lemonade and burgers and ice cream galore. And then the people. You had purple haired, no-haired, yellow skinned, white skinned, dread locked hair down to the ground and all the sorts. Whatever you can imagine - it was there.....all within the small confines of Atlanta's truly only green space in the city. Despite the withered grass caused by the start of the drought two summers ago - they were there....all of them, everybody and their cousins. I promise you - if you went outside on Sunday to enjoy the first real taste of Spring - you were at Piedmont Park or so it seemed. Needless to say, Amos was as entertained as we were just watching all the people and their meanderings.

The perfect Atlanta weekend for a dog has now culminated in a 72 hour sleep fest for our four legged friend. As for me, here I sit and type.....7.5 month's pregnant and wide awake when I should be resting my rounded body. I have a feeling this is going to be the start of an unwanted but forewarned pattern until baby comes. I find my body and mind exhausted at the end of a day. I think of nothing but my bed the moment I walk in the door at night but within a few hours I am wide eyed and bushy tailed and wondering what I should do in the wee hours and if ever I will see 7 am again without first seeing 2, 3 and 4 am??? I guess I can start some projects and try to get things in order before order is long gone. Off to organize the book shelf or something else useful and exciting. HELP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment