Friday, March 20, 2009

New things we like

Since Baby B nestled himself inside of my no-longer flat tummy things have changed around our household. Here are a few of the new things that Brad, Amos and I enjoy fairly regularly. Don't judge us....
*Pop-tarts. You haven't seen me eat a pop tart since 5th grade but the last 31 weeks have invited low fat strawberry pop-tarts back into the diet and my taste buds rejoice!
*Late walks with Amos at night around the golf course. We figure we won't be able to do this as freely come the summer so we should take advantage now. Some of our best conversations, ideas, dreams are born around the golf course. And of course Amos is a very important part of these monumental conversations.
*Cold sips of beer. It's true. I was never a beer drinker before this thing set up residency inside but now.....watch out! I LOVE a cold sip of beer. Just a sip - no worries. Brad really hopes this hankering hangs around so he has a buddy enjoy a cold beer.
*Confession. Baby talk. All I know is I hope this goes away. I haben't said a word with a "V" or an "L" in it to Brad since earwy wast year. It's much more fun to go to the "moobies" and go to "seep" on the sofa! Brad, we have to stop this! We have 9 weeks to kick it!
*Playing house. Brad and I could be thoroughly entertained playing with the empty stroller and figuring out all of the different kinds of pacifiers. On more than one occasion Mr. Brad has asked if we could take our stroller with us around the block without a baby. I draw the line somewhere.
*Bubble baths for mama. I take a bubble bath every night and sometimes in the morning too. This is truly my favorite time of the day. Brad gave me the best bubble bath for Valentines day, too, so I smell so yummy afterwards. I don't think these will go away.
*Desserts after every meal. The kiddo is definitely going to have a sweet tooth that is all I can say. Don't blame just me!
*Stopping anyone and everyone with a bump under their shirt or a kiddo in a stroller. I love hearing people's stories and more so, seeing how this amazing miracle of pregnancy changes people. We've met so many fun new friends due to the approaching idea of a new person in a family and you know I love meeting people!
*NAPS! I've always hated sleeping when it wasn't time for bed but I have grown to LOVE a good 30 minute nap! Why does the couch have to greet me so perfectly when I really should be getting things done? Amos and I love a nap on the couch.
*The motto - if we want to do it - do it! Even though we vow to not let our lives be dictated by an infant's schedule I know the reality - our lives are going to look completely different. So, for now, if we want to do it - do it! This has been the best motto and has lead us to impromptu trips to the beach, lots of dinners with friends, driving all over Atlanta to meet a craving for dinner...you name it!
*Talking to a bulging belly. I know this seems instinctual if your belly stuck out past your toes but I never thought the growth of a belly would have me talking to my body but I was wrong. I just can't help talking to him everywhere. He has started to know my patterns during the day and I am convinced he kicks and gets excited after a good kickboxing class, a pop-tart or a walk with dad! So, naturally, I talk to him throughout the day and especially when I am in the car. Pregnancy will certainly make you do the strangest things but I am so grateful for these crazy changes.

The biggest thing is my (at times) stubborn heart just softening to make room to love this new life! This is just one of those changes that I can't explain and can't control but I welcome the change. We are getting so anxious, baby.......

No comments:

Post a Comment