Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sign me up!

In T minus two hours I begin my new job. I have been excited about this for weeks. I even bought a new little outfit and I began this morning printing off any materials I will need to perform well on my first day. I only have a two hour shift today and that happens to come with lunch and snacks! This is my kind of work.
You see, a few weeks ago I was forwarded an email asking for some participants in a study. Specifically, the opinion of a pregnant woman who happens to be having her first child was needed. Check and check. How thrilled was I to read the qualifications and know that my obnoxious belly and fears of being a first time mom actually qualified me for something other than an upfront parking spot at Publix and an open invitation for strangers to rub my belly. I immediately followed up to the email and today I will be a professional opinionated pregnant lady for two hours....and I get paid and fed!
A dear friend of mine told me about a year ago about the business of surveying. She signs up all the time to take surveys about anything and everything....kids toys, car safety, local restaurants...you name it and she gives her opinion and gets a small paycheck for her time. Now this friend is my most creative friend, especially when it comes to making and saving money. (She also happens to create the most delectable cupcakes to be found.) I often am pushing her to gather all of her many stupendous ideas and package them for women like me who tend to pay full price for everything just to not have to hassle with shopping for a bargain. Anyway, she was the second person to mention this "career" of survey-taking. Another incredibly smart and crafty friend also told me of her success with surveying for a little extra spending money. She, too, has started her own unique company in her little spare time and she knows how to find the perfect little thing for your home or your wardrobe. I just love my resourceful friends and I love when their habits begin to wear off on me. So, thank you to Lauren and Nicole I have considered survey taking as my new career. I have plenty of time atleast for the next month and everyone has an opinion, right? That will probably be the hard part for a people pleaser like me. Often I find myself still wondering how I really like my eggs or what I really should name this child but I just don't have a strong opinion about too many things. Or rather I do but I am not good at owning it just yet....but maybe this is a new beginning! So, today's work will consist of a few hours of answering questions about baby registries and baby products. I am certainly no expert at all on this subject nor do I ever hope to be but I'll certainly enjoy a free lunch and a little gab time with other crazy pregnant women like myself.
I have already been prescreened for another survey in the coming weeks about the effects of advertising for certain products. I could get use to these office hours for sure!

______

And on other notes, our Baby-fish is 35 weeks old this week! I am not sure his "fruit" size yet but supposedly he is upwards of 5.5 lbs and nearly 20 inches long. His knee is always in my side these days so we play this little game where I push him to the other side and then he pushes back. He surely does entertain me throughout the day! Daddy Bagwell and I go to a Baby Essentials class today...you know, it's the basics I guess....diaper changing, bathing, feeding. Brad and I never do well in these settings. We end up talking and catching up the whole time and making fun of all the other "normal" people in the room. We love to think that we know what we are doing and we don't really "need" the class like all other normal people do. I am secretly excited though...we have yet to really embrace any professional advise about this whole pregnancy thing so it will feel good to think we actually did a little homework and sought a little professional help. I can't wait, too, to see Brad's reaction to diapers and formula and all the baby fun stuff!

_____

And on other other notes.....way to go Miss California. Here is one thing that has sparked a definite opinion in me. Though I don't think she answered the MIss USA question very well I do applaud her for not giving a PC answer just to please everyone. She sure is stealing the spotlight even without the crown just for speaking her opinion so good for her. I think it is about time for people to stop being so PC about everything. I don't think you have to go around stirring controversy or pressing your opinion on anyone but I just hate the "neutral" stance that every politician or leader tends to take these days. This Sunday at church Andy began a sermon series that was very un-Andy to me. He actually began to open a can of worms regarding his opinion on our involvement as Christians in the debate that he says is most important....our political conscious. It was so refreshing to hear the church begin to speak to the community about our national conscious and the lack there of.... I am interested to hear next weeks concluding message. If you have 30+ minutes check this out.

God and Country message - Part 1

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing! Laughing harder!.....Still laughing! Hahahaha! You are so creative in your money making efforts. If I lived in a normal city I'd be doing just what you are. I would sign up for the post natal survey. Maybe I can find on online....

    ReplyDelete