Sunday, January 24, 2010

Muchos fotos, amigos!

Hey people, Brooks here. I am the youngest member of this crazy family....you may have heard about me. I am ATE months old now and mama says she will remember this month as the month I ATE everything in sight. I'll remember it as the month I stole the rest of her heart with just a mere giggle.
(FYI - you can tell my daddy dressed me today. He had his Lucky jeans on, too, and some t-shirt that makes my mama's face look funny when she sees it.)

(Don't you love how my "resume" just doubles each month? It's hard being so amazing but someone's got to do it!)

Even though I am 8 months old, I am not crawling and still prefer to be toothless. But I can do an amazing plank and have actually thought about making these extremities work for me in a crawling manner but it just seemed like too much work. I'd rather my mama carry me everywhere anyway. (She's hot, by the way!)


Let me tell you my favorite part of the day, folks. After I attempted to crawl in my floor today my dad was supposed to be bathing me but when mom (she always ruins the fun) came back to hear the ruckus in her bedroom this is what she found. What she doesn't know is every night my dad and I wrestle around and jump on the bed naked. Well, he isn't naked, silly people, but I love to be naked and I love to flip around and scoot on the big bed. Mom put dad in time out after she saw all the commotion because it was way past my bedtime. He just stuck his tongue out at her and snuck right back in to play with me. I love my daddy! Oh, and go ahead, count the rolls. I work hard for those beauties.



Is anyone tired of my birthday yet? {This is Betsy again. Brooks was tired of trying to spell.}
Brad just raised his hand.
Well, this is the last of the never-ending birthday until next year. Oh, and go ahead and get ready for next year...the 30th will be celebrated from the day after Christmas to Valentines Day! Anyway, here is a picture that just makes me so happy. Here are two of our Atlanta friends and their little men before bed time at the birthday party last weekend. The boys are within 6 weeks of each other. Go ahead and blow up the picture, too, as you must notice my amazing "baby bangs." Yes, mothers to be - the after birth hair growth is just heinous and it ruins about every picture. Thank you, Brooks.

No, I didn't decorate my own kitchen table for my own birthday! This is the table setting for my "Mexican" birthday dinner last night with our Atlanta-Savannah friends. I really don't have words to tell you how special I felt last night. I thought we were just getting together because it had been before Christmas before we all checked in but these friends went over the top and even had my favorite dessert - ice cream sundaes and fudge! We also played some "Betsy-themed" games at dinner and you know how I love games (though I've never actually been the subject of the game before!) Anyway, God is good. These sweet friends moved to Savannah about the time we did and though we don't see each other too often I know the Lord has us all here for each other. We get together and talk about new Savannah places we've found and things we crave back in Atlanta. I have never left their presence though not feeling a little more optimistic about our surroundings and about God's hand in this story. What a perfect way to top off the birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment