Saturday, January 30, 2010

3 days, 8 months and 3 days

Since May 23rd of last year Brad has found a replacement for me. Since I've gotten too old (and large) for him to snuggle me in his lap before bedtime he has just flat out replaced me with no hesitation. Every night we literally rip half of Brooks' leg off fighting over who gets to feed him his last bottle and sing to him and put him to sleep. It is really my favorite hour. He is so worn out from the day and he is so confident in himself from all the kisses and encouragement he was showered with that day that he just cuddles helplessly in the "winners" arms and he makes the most perfect exhausted baby sounds. He rarely gets through the bottle with out knocking out before he's done. I used to care because I was so stuck on him getting a "full feeding" (thank you, Baby Wise) but now I don't mind one bit. I love for him to get so cozy and safe in daddy's arms and fall fast asleep. Anyway, here is the infant Brooks cuddling with dad on his first night in the condo. Note the beautiful blue shirt which reappears in many of my photos of Brad (yes, we will take donations of clothing for the hard working man) and note how itty bitty Mr. Brooks was just 8 months ago!
Now he's a mere dozen pounds heavier which doesn't seem like much but when you are the height of a small plant - 12 pounds has nowhere to go but to the thighs! He is also much more attentive, inquisitive, teachable, giggly and mobile! We'll never stop fighting over night time duties with you, Brooks, even if it means sacrificing a limb!
And yes, he is still in his snowman pajamas. They are the only ones he can fit in of late! We are all in need of some shopping here!

2 comments:

  1. Love this and love your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture. I love ya'll so very much and can't wait to have you close to us again!

    ReplyDelete