Friday, October 1, 2010

Child abuse or brilliance?

You'd think I was a sorority girl in February sitting outside in the slightly warm but mostly chilly weather getting my tan on. That is what every Athens sorority girl did as soon as the calendar said February and the temperatures inched above 50 degrees.

I am far from that girl in circumstance but I sure hope my spark is the same! But today I am fully that girl....sitting on a towel, not even a beach towel, in my drive way in a tube top hoping to get a little vitamin D for my soul and a little sun for my skin. There are supposed to be two sleeping babies inside but I highly doubt that is the case so I chose to do what every - I think brilliant - you may think negligent - mom would do....go outside and shut the door. Out here the world is just as I think it should be....peaceful and sunny, whether or not that is the case inside the house. Not only am I brilliant today, I am efficient. I have three baskets of laundry on my driveway waiting to be folded after I pay some bills online. Stupendous! (Except for the fact that the clean clothes are all swimming in pine straw now.....which is a small price to pay for a little bit of sunshine and sanity!)

We are headed out of town sometime in the next 2 months to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. I don't want any crazies stalking our house while were gone so I wont tell you when but sometime this fall - we are headed to the beach. I LOVE the beach in the fall!I don't think big B and I have a clue how insane this trip will be with two babies but we'd rather not know...and just do it. Get in the car and do it....that's what my mama says. Don't think about it - just do it. All too often I like the details to be hammered out before acting on my moms words but this is one of those rare cases where I think ignorance will be bliss. Anyway, we haven't had a trip in a very long time and B hasn't had a day off work that didn't have to do with the birth of a child in an even longer time so we are way overdo. So maybe we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary and we do have 2 kid and 1 dog (and a partridge in a pear tree) but we knew from the beginning of our little love story that it would be an unconventional one. So look at us like we are nuts like you want to when you pass us by in the grocery store -really that happens mostly when I am alone with the two kiddos - but we are ha-hap-happy (as happy as Bing Crosby dancing with Danny #*^(&.......you know, from Christmas Vacation.) No really, we are enjoying this challenge and as someone said to us at bible study Tuesday - our hands may be full but our hearts are too! Did I already say that on this blog somewhere?

Yay for a vacation sometime in the next quarter! This will be my first time to the beach as a non=pregnant lady in two years! How ever will I act? You can be sure a wet t-shirt contest is on my books just to celebrate!

Off to fold laundry and collect pine straw.....

2 comments:

  1. that post has me smiling from ear to ear since I am currently sitting in my red neck carport with the door closed as my child naps (read: screams) inside. Mother of the year, right here :) Happy early anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! You are hilarious! The Christmas vacation quote made me laugh out loud!!! :) ... and I can SO understand escaping during "naps". I have two boys (6 and 2) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE nap time!

    Blessings!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete