Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tag...I'm It

I've been tagged a billion times in my blogging life but never have I taken the time to indulge myself a little bit and think only about me and my wishes to some hypothetical questions. Today has been along day full of everything lovely and serene - really poopy diapers, really loud crying and a few minor "fits" in the car. Therefore, let me indulge....

Sherri, at Baby D's debut tagged me and I like her and her baby so I'm going to play along.

1. What's your most embarrassing moment? I think some of my former employers read this and if I ever hoped to be employed again I should skip this question. Let's just say the one that comes to mind involves a man whom is not my husband in the grocery store line 4 days after I had a baby. His baby cried and my body wanted to fix the crying baby the only way it knew how. E-M-B-A-R-A-S-S-I-N-G.

2. How did you meet your husband/fiance? We knew each other in college. He wore tight jeans and drove an oversized truck and he went on everyone's date night....he was that guy. I didn't have any hots for him in college as I was a city girl and thought boys were ridiculous in college. I ran into him a few years after college on several occasions and he was a different boy.....Pumas, MAC computer, getting his Masters degree and he had some pretty hip glasses on...I was interested and he thought I had the "it" factor (which I have now learned means "I make pretty babies and I make them fast" ) and the rest is history.

3. What is one thing you would change about yourself, if you had the chance? I wish I would have had a better idea of what I would have liked to study in college. I hate that I took umpteen classes in business all the while wishing I was sitting in a class learning to write beautiful stories. I guess that is something I don't have to learn but I would have liked hearing professors that were able to challenge my creative (or not so creative) side.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh no, I have many. I wish I was more like my husband and didn't have too many things that got to me but I do. Anywhere from biting fingernails to passive aggressive behavior....it rubs me the wrong way.

5. What's your favorite word? (Mine's "satchel," in case you were wondering.) Brad would say it is "semi". As in - I "semi" like being tagged and I "semi" dont OR William has a "semi"-wet diaper which unfortunately this time around doesnt warrant a changing!

6. What is your favorite place in the world? Be specific. I have 3. Cheatham Hill at Kennesaw Mountain. I would sit here in high school after a long run and watch the sun go down before I went home for dinner. I did my best praying, crying, praising, and dreaming there. #2 - Sienna, Italy. In my next life I will come back an Italian man that owns a bed and breakfast in this town. Something magical....or maybe it was the company (my whole family) but I love it here! #3 - Charleston, South Carolina. I love the charm, the bridges, the steeples, the food, and my favorite memories ever with my favorite people. Oh, and Seaside, FLorida....where I fell in love with a boy and then married him and now go there every year to celebrate. I love riding bicycles everywhere, I love the small town, the modica market, the locals, the seafood, the sunsets, and the way that place instantly takes me to a happy place.

7. If you could re-name yourself, what name would you pick? I like Betsy. My real name is Elizabeth Anne and I think that is a beautiful name. Thanks mom. So, if I could have two names one would be Betsy - it's different but not too different and the other would be Elizabeth Anne. Maybe one day I'll learn how to make a daughter and she can have one of those names.

Thanks, Sherri! Fun to think about only me for a few minutes (even though the little guy is tired of me not paying him attention right now!) I'm supposed to tag people and because I have some accountability I will but no pressure.....

So, Emilie, Heather, Katherine, Faris, Lindsey, Amanda, and Nicole...it's all you....(then you are supposed to tag more friends and ask 7 different questions)
1) If you could rename yourself what would you pick?
2) What would you do with $5,000 if you had to spend it in one day?
3) What's the weirdest job you have ever had?
4) What piece of advise would you give your younger self?
5) Where is the most memorable place you have been kissed? (Think - under a bridge, on a playground.....not belly button, behind the ear...)
6) If salary were no issue - what would be your dream job?
7) What's the best laugh you have had lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment