Monday, November 1, 2010

Everything has a place now

Oh y'all, I have never been so happy with myself and my husband for that matter. For some reason we started cleaning out the drawers in the house yesterday. It took all day and I spent much of the afternoon today finishing the project. I am happy that we finished something that we started. I am happy that everything now has a home - from the pictures from college, to Brad's random bird feathers from his hunting days, to the batteries for the remote control. Please come to my house and ask me where my scissors might be located? Or better yet, do you have a letter opener? Sure we do! I never knew we did but we do and now that I know I want some letters to open!

Really since last fall when we were living abroad (aka The Coast) and we then found out we were soon to care for another child - things have not been in there right place. Yes, the things in the house have been out of sorts just like other things - bigger things - like our dreams, goals, time for each other, and our ability to see the big picture. I can finally say with much certainty that things are looking up. Brad and I have started to dream together again. We had our first date night since the baby was born last week. And now we know where paper and pens are so we can actually right some goals on paper. We've never been too big on goals. As you can tell, we just tend to let things happen. I like life that way and luckily so does Brad but as THIRTY nears we do need to have a little direction or else I will truly be the old woman who lived in a shoe. Yes, some planning is a must!

So, expect a little more from me this fall. Maybe a few "projects" with the kids. maybe a little organizing my addresses, recipes and the library of magazines I have collected for a year now! Oh, and I WILL finally get to the baby books and picture albums that I once started and have yet to pick back up. ANd I am talking about our wedding album first. Yes, pathetic! Trust me, we weren't thinking there would be two mostly precious-sometimes-rambuncious little boys to interrupt these many projects we once started but rest assured - we are getting back on our feet. Get this - Brad and I have actually been reading books at night while the boys snooze. If anything screams normalcy and calm than reading a book is it!

Okay, two more drawers of love letters Brad and I have given to each other of the few years to sort through - and only about 10 more minutes of nap time......

Oh, happy happy day when everything is in it's perfect place.

No comments:

Post a Comment