Thursday, November 4, 2010

hangman

_t'_ qu_ _ t

I am scared to fully write the phrase that is dancing in my head right now for fear that once it is spoken or written it will no longer be true. For this very moment, it is true and the thought alone is rejuvenating! All of a sudden the burning that has lived behind my eyes this week and the soreness that has taken over my muscles is gone and I feel like my old self....lively, energetic, and ready to tackle anything!

I actually have other things that run through my head other than children themed thoughts and though I keep writing sentences that only relate to napping, pooping, and other such things that embody my day - I have deleted every one of them in attempt to truly savor my qu__t time at my house and think and talk about anything but juvenile subjects. I never thought this would be a challenge but I guess this is reality.....

So, let's talk about the other fascinating things in our world for a little bit.

Brad's beard.

It's back and I couldn't be happier. Brad, I know you stopped reading the "family" blog because you were tired of hearing about the craziness of our day twice - once by reading and then again in person but you should read this one because I'm talking about you. I am seriously attracted to the boy underneath the beard. Never in my school girl dreams did I picture myself snuggling with a grizzly man (good thing I didn't because that would have been odd for a school girl) but I now know I was missing out. I love the confidence that seems to come with just a little hair on your face. Granted, your goodbye kiss this morning may have exfoliated my dry skin for a month but I suffer the discomfort just to get to look at the new husband that has lived at our house all week. Your beard screams "I take charge", and "I may be a banker but I don't care" and "You wish you knew me better." Which, that is what you are going for right? Anyway, please this time let the beard hang around a little while longer than it's first debut. I'll tell you when we are ready for a change but for now we like your manly-makeover. We feel safe and protected when your around. {Did this make anyone feel uncomfortable reading? I hope not, that was certainly not the intention.}

In other news.........Never mind, the qu__t has already ended and my wild thoughts suddenly went out the door. Back to diapers, naps, Bob the builder, ideas on discipline, and all the other fun stuff that has overtaken me these days. But I sure did enjoy the few minutes while it lasted........

1 comment:

  1. I love a beard too and Ross has recently grown his back out! Love LOVE it. I even bought him a beard trimmer because I want it to stay. Yah for grizzly, manly boys ;)

    ReplyDelete