Friday, February 4, 2011

Rain rain go away

Come again when the babies are in elementary school.
Seriously.
Despite the no-good/awful/miserable weather this week and a little less than 4 hours of sleep all week we have been on the go-go-go. {Sidenote: Last night was a miracle night. We all slept. Even me - all night! I don't know what I put in my body to make that happen but the end result is good....I mean really good even if I feel like I was hit by a mack truck and then slung against a brick wall this morning......atleast my mind isn't consumed with the dreaded word - S-L-E-E-P!} Today we are inside watching the rain continue to fall outside and for the first time this week - we are embracing it...pajamas, pancakes, sesame street and all! If I can really get it together we may even do a little family cooking. Ambitious, I tell you. Amazing what sleep will do for a spirit!

We have certainly struggled for entertainment this week but we have made the most of the circumstances. Tuesday we did the unthinkable. We drove around the perimeter. Literally - like all 60 something miles. Then, to top it off, we stopped in a random Burger King and let Brooks expel some energy in the inside playground while W slept. Fun times on a rainy day. Luckily, that day we met Nene for a playdate at a terrible mall. The only good thing about this mall -and this now makes it the best mall around - is the train that grandmas and boys can ride for just $3! Trust me, they took several trips around the mall that day by way of the choo-choo.
Wednesday we did much of the same - rode in the car looking for buses, tractors, dump trucks, birds, ducks, and a sweet tea. Our gas bill this month may do us in but atleast we have gotten out of the house. Oh, this was too cute. I was trying to keep Brooks up after our scavenger hunt in the car and he was fighting it so hard but even the lure of gummy bears couldn't help. Here is the little man literally talking and sucking as he was starting to drift off. Tough life.
When we were actually in doors this week - we made some big strides. The plump/sweater pants wearing child actually learned to roll - finally! I had 10 days to get him rolling before I take him to his 6 month appointment next week. I mean, I knew he wouldn't go to kindergarten in a supine position but I also didn't want to be chastised for the immobility of our baby. Thank you, sweet William for finally showing some progress! This is him right before the "infamous roll." Maybe he hasn't done it since but he did it and I atleast won't have to lie.
And on other good notes from inside the walls - the oldest boy learned to say "best friend" - sounds something like "breast fren" but that's okay. He has a few of them but this is one of his very first friends, John Quincy. This little co-ride may not have lasted long but for just a moment, the two mama's were able to see the light that one day these boys will actually entertain eachother and play with each other rather than next to each other - parallel play as they call it. Thanks for hosting us to play this week, Mrs. A and Mrs. K... We needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment