Thursday, October 13, 2011

A little cheese for the 4th

My most favorite day of my 3 decades was this day 4 years ago. The setting, the weather, the people, the atmosphere....everything was more than I could have ever hoped. I remember standing outside the lighted tent nearly half way through the party just saying to Brad - "we have to take this all in. It's so perfect." And then hours before as we walked through the ceremony of marriage with with of our dearest friends and pastors, Gary Purdy, Brad had said the same thing to me - "Take this all in. It's so perfect." You can even hear on the wedding video a few tears from both of us as the music was playing during communion and then Brad saying, "God is here, Betsy." Ahhhh...I LOVE rewatching the video of our ceremony. I don't have video of the gigantic party but I don't care - no video could have captured it anyway but I do have video of the most beautiful wedding ceremony every done. I know, I am biased. God's presence was there that day and while there have been many trials these last four years, some that seem too big to ever hurdle - we both have known no matter what that God was there and He had us together in order to do our lives together. That, to me, is the most solid promise I know and it withstands any grand trip or fabulous house or beautiful wedding dress. That is the kind of beauty that I want in my life - a promise that no matter what takes us up or down God had us going up and down together.







This last picture just makes me happy. I can remember thinking during these fun pictures "I've never had so much fun in all my life! Pinch me!" {Pictures courtesy of Kerie Cleveland Photography}
Anyway, there is a popular country song out right now and I may or may not play it on repeat a few times a day. Originally one of my favorite artists, Dave Barnes, recorded the song. This is exactly how I feel on this 4th anniversary. You're my most favorite thing, Brad! {And I loved finding surprises in my car this morning and throughout the house. :) }

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Anniversary! So fun!!! I loved your wedding. And I love thinking of Brad at our wedding and then y'all getting together shortly after. You are definitely one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! Your post is beautiful about your wedding AND about the adventure of God's plan for your marriage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day it was!! One of the best wedding cakes I can remember eating. Congrats on 4 years! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fantastic day! Melissa remembers your cake. I remember your HAIR! (and these pics make me green green with envy!) Oh the money I've spent on trying to make my hairdo look like that! Happy Anniversary to a precious, precious couple of people!

    ReplyDelete