Monday, October 24, 2011

lazy Monday's

Contrary to what I used to believe - the weekends are absolutely exhausting in this season of life! Most of the tiredness comes from fun, outdoor activities with the boys so it is all worth it but I think every Sunday evening I get a little mopey knowing that the week starts the next day and I am seemingly more tired than I was come a Friday afternoon. But the full weekends make way for a L-A-Z-Y Monday...like "I never knew one could be this lazy" kind of lazy. We've all been up for three hours and except for the person that goes to a big boy job everyday we are all still in pajamas and I couldn't even tell you where some clean socks are for the boys anyway....that kinda lazy. Everyone still smells like syrup and waffles, too....that kind of lazy. I have come to look forward to this slow start to the week and I couldn't remember what it feels like to actually accomplish something on a Monday - but I welcome that. While we may not be dressed and we may not step out of the house until 4pm we have been "productive" in side these 4 walls.......crawling through tunnels, baking pumpkin seeds, building forts, and "learning" from PBS all morning. I'll take this Monday any day!

Here are some of our weekend pics. Nothing exceptionally "tiring" but as Brad and I summed up last night - to get someone out of bed, make breakfast, change a diaper, clean up breakfast, get another little one up, change some clothes, change another diaper, clean up another breakfast, change anther's clothes, wipe a nose, change a diaper, feed some snacks, lug 60 lbs up the stairs for naps, walk up and down the stairs 6 times to deliver blankets, cups and what not for proper napping, get 60lbs out of bed and down stairs, change a diaper, give a snack, change another diaper, clean a snack, get a snack, fill a cup, change a diaper, feed two messy boys dinner, change clothes, attempt a bath, lug 60lbs out of the bath, change a diaper, change another diaper, do the pajama thing, fill up sippy cups, read 8 books, lug the pounds up the stairs, come back three times to threaten to sleep, oops change another diaper, and put to bed again.......All on top of anything you might need to do for yourself just makes one tired thinking about it. Bring on a nap today!




No comments:

Post a Comment