Monday, June 18, 2012

So much joy all at once

Big boys, please stop growing bigger, stop learning more than me, stop busting through your shoe sizes every two months, stop mocking me throughout our day together, stop saying something out of the blue that I said days before, stop using multiple word sentences. I just can't take it. No more climbing onto the barstools by yourself or running to the toilet without me knowing in the middle of a day. And certainly no more dressing yourself (however creative the outcome may be), and saying phrases like "I'm sorry, William, I was mean to you" and "I love you all the way to the moon and back" unsolicited as you go up the stairs with daddy for bed. I don't know if I can handle another play date at the park where you master the really tall slide that even petrifies me. Oh, and then you go and make something up on your own that had nothing to do with my teaching or prompting! Like, your "funny" walk that you boys do back and forth to each other in the basement. (A video must follow) Whatever happened to you needing me not only for your daily needs but for entertainment every minute of the day? Singing? Who knew you could pick up on my country songs so quickly in the car? Then, sometimes in the morning I will actually eat some breakfast or even watch a little of the Today show because you two edible little monsters are playing....for a solid long long time in my book - and you aren't even needing me to pretend with you.









So, seriously, please STOP! I can't take all this in all at once. The minutes are moving too fast. Your clothes are all too small (and too dirty to go through a 3rd wear with your new brother.) Your curious minds they will not slow down and in the mean time the months are flying by just as everyone before me said they would do. I have even vowed to put any cleaning and real cooking to the side while I get to witness these little-precious years but I still find myself wanting to squeeze each moment into a jar, seal the lid, and just hold on and never let it go.









1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh . Mega tears. Those boys are so adorable, edible was a perfect word. This post made me sit down and STAY down, recommitted to giving MK what the boys have-a priceless relationship with a sibling. It's so hard sometimes to think of this baby the way I think of MK. But seeing this poor little one as a half to hisor her sister makes it more real. Must follow bed rest rules because if I can give her a healthy bro or sis, as your pictures show, I'll be giving her(them) everything. Thank you!! Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete