Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sunny and close to 70

I'll take one of those please! Or maybe 3 or 4 in a row if that isn't asking too much?
I can feel the jitters of everyone in Atlanta as we wait patiently for the temperature to make it's slow climb tomorrow. Don't you just love that first real Spring weekend where everyone - I mean everyone - is out running pointless errands with the windows down, sporting their dusty flip flops, and finding any reason to just get outside? Well, it's going to be one of those kind of weekends I can tell. I remember visiting Piedmont park (aka- the place of every 3rd couple in Atlanta's my engagement) with Brad last March. We both sat mesmerized and entertained watching all of Atlanta's finest and craziest frolic around in their shorts and sundresses. I bet you were there, too, because there wasn't a soul inside the Perimeter not showing off their dog and their bare legs at the park on that first warm March weekend. Well, it looks to be that weekend again if our trusty weather man has his way and I couldn't be more pleased and anxious.

Brooks and I have been going to the park everyday since we moved back as though the sun would shine on us a little brighter if we did. Rarely did it and nearly everyday I end up running home with a crying baby in tow - looking quite negligent if you ask me. Finally, Mr. Brooks - I tell you no lies, you can experience the joy of the park sans the frigid wind and crippling temperatures. Your mama's gonna treat you good this weekend and maybe even take you to Brewsters just because she's always wanted to take her kiddos to get ice-cream on a sunny day and she just can't wait any longer. Life's short - 9 month olds need ice cream!

Anyway, this post is random and probably a waste of your 2 minutes so I apologize. My mind started racing on the many ways I would get my season's worth of vitamin D this weekend and I had to get you readers on board too and hopefully stir a little emotion! So, get excited - come Monday there should be many a cute picture of a plump little boy, a well groomed dog, a worn out husband, and a rather un-appetizing pregnant lady from their adventures in the sun over their first real Spring weekend in their new-old city! I-scream, you-scream, we all scream for ice-cream and warmer weather!

P.S. - The Office has a baby tonight and I am so thrilled. This isn't trash tv like The Bachelor. This is good for you, smart t.v. Lastnight I dreamt that Jim was interested in me. Not lusting or anything - just fascinated by me. I told Brad about this dream and he didn't really care to hear about it but I think it's funny. Then two nights ago I dreamt our baby was Jim's but Brad didn't care in the dream - he was happy that Jim was the dad. I don't have a super star crush on Jim so I don't understand these series of events but I do look forward to waking up in the mornings just to see what Jim and I may have been up to the night before. Don't worry Mr. Brad - I day dream about you and our baby and our beautiful life together all day long. I only have eyes for you. Bottom line - I can't wait to get under my favorite wedding gift - a perfectly weighted Ralph Lauren blanket, with a cup of hot tea, and sink into my oversized chair tonight to watch the birth of my favorite t.v. show's baby with zero distractions. Gotta go.....starting now!

No comments:

Post a Comment