Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 really good things

I'm so glad to wake up and it's not yesterday. Today is a new day and I have vowed to make no trips to the mall but rather to enjoy the sunshine and the calm - that doesn't include the $5 race car stroller.

The babe is still fast asleep so I guess that my list should say 3 really good things. It's not that I don't get all tickled when I hear him talking to me from his crib in the morning but for sometime now he hasn't started to stir until well after 8am. This allows me to get up first, drink the coffee I shouldn't be drinking (but I drank it with Brooks and he is perfect unless it involves a rental stroller so I figure coffee is A-okay!), eat a healthy-protein packed breakfast, catch up on the news, have a little quiet time of reading an writing, and today, share good news with my fellow cyber-friends.

First of all, the phone is back home. She was found on the floor of the lingerie section in Nordstrom which happens to be on the 3rd floor of the mall. Trust me, when you are 20 lbs over your normal size - you go NOWHERE near the lingerie section so I am truly puzzled by this location. I wish she could talk and tell me of her adventures because I am sure it was interesting. Brad says the Comcast guy stole the phone and placed it on the 3rd floor because any time i can't find something I blame it on the Comcast man who comes into my house to fix tv's and internets but takes items and hides them in weird places in my house just to drive me crazy!!! {Note: there is no proof that he has actually done this but mysteriously whenever I can't find something it happens to be the day the tv repair man came to our door....just sayin...}

After several hours of hopelessness and growing frustration Brad came home and gave me his phone so I could make some calls and start my investigation. I called mall security, guest services, Baby Gap 3 times {to which they kindly asked me not to call and that they would call me if it is located though I just swore the phone was left there}, the food court, and I called the actual phone umpteen times just to annoy whoever had it in there possession. Finally 6 hours after it's leave of absence a sweet lady {life-saver} answered the phone peculiarly and asked me why I was calling a phone that was on the floor in the lingerie department? I screamed. brad and I embraced and we raced to the mall for the 3rd time to collect the pesky little thing. So, mission accomplished. I have no excuses for unreturned calls and texts now - I am mobile again! {Admittedly, the quiet was very nice if only I had known that ultimately I would get the phone back.}

Second, Mochi has also been located. Thank you to my culinary queen of a friend, Hannah. She happened to see various packages of unbaked mochi at our local Whole Foods. I didn't fully believe her at first (sorry Hannah) because I had called WF twice already and had the sales clerk and their buyer walk up and down the aisles and confirm that there was nothing of the sort anywhere in the store. But Sunday on my way home from my splendid trip to Charleston, I stopped in the store just to take a quick look and yes, folks, it is true. There is a slab of unbaked mochi in a package and though it doesn't exactly resemble my precious little bits of joy I think once it is baked and cut into pieces I will have myself my mochi - at last! I did tell Brad that my 3rd trimester I am planning to eliminate the excess of sugar that has been entering my body for 25 weeks EXCEPT for frozen yogurt, mochi, and very special occasions (which will probably come down to - "I WANT cookies Brad! This is a special occasion. It's Tuesday and it's is special - dang it. Get me some chocolate!") I'll let you know how my first baking of Japanese goods goes later today. I feel so authentic, so wordly, so well-travelled, so happy! Thank you, sweet Hannah, for helping your crazy pregnant friend in a huge way.

Hmmm.....just a thought.....maybe Mochi would be a great {fitting} middle name for Dos-Bingo? It could grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment