Saturday, May 22, 2010

This time last year

I have been busying myself all day in order to dristract me from the obvious. The baby will have spent an entire twelve months in our presence as of tomorrow and I am really having a hard time with it. Yes, I love planning a party and I love having our family and friends over to celebrate (well, Brooks' friends) but that doesn't hide the fact that I am an emotional basket case today underneath my dirty hands and the dust all over my shirt. Brooks and I went to pick out a birthday balloon because balloons are his favorite and thus, the theme of his first birthday party. I loved our date to pick out his balloon but I just didn't want his balloon to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I almost bought him the only other one left - a princess balloon just to stray from the obvious.

I really am in utter disbelief that this little guy has gone from hibernating all day to noticing the world around him to touching the world around him to trying to eat the world around him to now attacking anything in his world - with excitement and wonder. Oh, here comes the tears. I am hoping I am a wreck because baby number two is making me be this way. I blame everything on him these days but I know I'll love him just the same and have these same sentiments next year when little guy's birthday is approaching (but I GUARANTEE I will NOT be pregnant!)

Any who, I am sure after the anticipation of the day tomorrow I will have a fun-up beat post for you on Monday but today, I admit, I am a little sad that time must go by so quickly. Last year at this time exactly I was out walking around my parents neighborhood. I was getting ready to celebrate my sister's high school graduation but while the preperations were in order I set out in the neighborhood to walk this baby out! I walked for two hours, then ate spicy Mexican food and went to bed thinking that the baby should make his enterance since it was a holiday weekend and I'd had my foot massage. I was hoping he would wait until about two the next afternoon though so I could atleast see my sister walk to get her diploma but by that time I was about to start what would be 2.5 hours of pushing the larger than once thought baby.

So, in similar fashion I will eat some Mexican tonight and maybe treat myself to a pedicure this afternoon (not a foot massage because we definitely don't want labor this early!) Then, I will go to bed and wake up knowing tomorrow we will have a one year old. Not a baby - a one year old.

Here's a look back on the first 11 months. Oh, little man, why must you pull on my heart strings each month a little more than the month before. I can't even look at these without a giggle and a tear.
*Note: we have moved twice, had 3 jobs and are now pregnant again - by the way - so maybe I forgot a few months.













1 comment: